• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

liability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chillywilly

What is the name of your state? pennsylvania. my son got into a bunch of trouble back 1995. i was ordered to make a $300.00 payment for liability by the courts under 23 pa C.S.A. section 5505. apparently the couthouse has no record of me paying this and i can't find all our bank statements form that year. that was 9 years ago. am i still obligated to pay this and what is the SOL for this? thanks chillywilly

JETX

stealth2 said:
But Jet..... it doesn't show that the post was edited, and it says plainly on the first line:
Damn, I must be going blind!! I read and re-read that initial post and NEVER saw that!! My apologies.... Mea Culpa!!
BTW, I am deleting my obvious error.... but leaving this apology.

JETX

"am i still obligated to pay this and what is the SOL for this?"
23 PA §5505 has to do with 'Liability for Tortious Acts of Children' and can be found online at:
http://members.aol.com/StatutesPA/23PA5505.html

As such, yes, you are obligated to pay this as ordered by the court.

As for the SOL, it is five years on a money judgment... and can be renewed.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I was trying to figure out what I was missing! LOL We all make honest mistakes! I know I do... too often.

C

chillywilly

when you say can be renewed. doesn't that mean after 5 years i would have been notified of a renewal to collect?

C

chillywilly

how can i check on this without opening a can of worms so to speak. the last credit report i saw for me (last year) doesn't show this judgement. i contend that if this was a legitmate claim for this money it would have been done several years ago. i don't like the fact that this has happened before with our courthouse and i had to find the canceled check and send them a copy (different case). plus the fact that these people are threatening to have my driving priviledges revoked. talk about under handed. my driving was never the issue. although my wife sometimes claims it should be.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">