• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hospital Billing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JoeG

What is the name of your state? Texas

Recently, I hurt my back and required surgery to relieve severe sciatica. I am self employed and had to pay out of pocket. The doctor gave me an estimate or charges as follows:

Doctor's fee ~ 7500
Anesthesia ~ 900
Hospital fee ~ 18000

The surgery was performed in November and I received my bills soon after. I got a loan and paid in December. Now, in March I got another bill for the same amount as the doctor's bill. Thinking that this was a duplicate bill I called the hospital. They claim that this new bill is for the physician's assistant. There's no way a PA can charge that much.

What recourse do I have? Also, what guarantee do I have that they won't send me another bill for something else.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">