• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

advice on drug charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ImStellaa19

What is the name of your state? :confused: California
I want some advice o a friend who got drug charge. It was dropped to a misdemeanor. They gave him Prop 36. he neve registered and he never did the classes. It has been 2 years and he now wants to take care of it and turn himself in. Will he get jail time and how much???

When he completes his jail time will it totally be removed from his record???
Will he no longer have to do the prop 36 and just be put on probation??
Anything you can tell me will be greatly appreciated!!!!

Stellaa

HomeGuru

ImStellaa19 said:
I want some advice o a friend who got drug charge. It was dropped to a misdemeanor. They gave him Prop 36. he neve registered and he never did the classes. It has been 2 years and he now wants to take care of it and turn himself in. Will he get jail time and how much???

Stellaa
**A: tell him to go right to the police station and request his file.

CdwJava

ImStellaa19 said:

Stellaa
Yes, he will probably serve jail time. No, he will still have to account for the previous charge either through Prop. 36 or custody ... I suppose he COULD get jail time, but chances are he'll get a shot at Prop. 36.

His best bet would be to talk to an attorney.

Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">