• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

motion to terminate child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lenajackson

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Missouri (I the) Petitioner has requested Termination of Child Support. Both Petitioner and Respondent live in different states. A Court order for a status conference has been set. Pretrial order states all litigants shall appear in person and by counsel. (I the) Petitioner is requesting the termination of child support due to child is no longer a full time student in school. The order states if litigant does not have counsel and fails to appear in person at the status conference, the court may at that time conduct an evidentirary hearing and enter judgment against said litigant, without disrespect to the court why do I need to return to MO if I am the one requesting the termination. And will I have to pay court cost or attorney fees for respondent if the appears. Do I need to file any type of motion.

stephenk

you need to be in court so you can answer any questions the judge may ask.

contact the court and see if they allow telephone appearances.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">