• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

simple ( hopefully) question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

speedcam

in wisconsin,

while on the phone last night with my wifes ex, describing a medical problem to him about one of his boys, i told him we had taken him to the ER to get looked at for what looked to be minor seizures.( i say this only because i have a seizure problem and i know what some look like). i had told him that he was to be followed up by his pediatrician, he told me that "there must be something going on at our house because he has no problems while they are at his house",( now the only difference is that they get to actually run around in our yard,which he seems to have these "symptoms" more while doing so). now the ex told me that he is broke and doesn't have the money to take HIS child to the doctor and see's no need to since he doesn't do this there and that " he is just looking for attention". i told him its a bunch of BS and that if the ER doc thought he should be checked out further that i feel he should after all i was being nice enough to contact him about it out of concern for the child. i offered to give him gas money he refused and started yelling at me over the phone, i listened didn't say anything until he was done then Kindly reminded him that he was already in contempt of a court order for the money he owes his ex-wife, to whaich he said no i'm not, and i don't have to pay it because i'm not working.

any thought's or advice on this? ( my wife goes to court today for child support against us so she was curious. also we have documented things for the past 3 yrs.

thanks in advance.

speed

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Yes. Have your WIFE deal with him. Honestly? If my ex's wife called me and told me that I have to do X, Y and Z with one of our kids, I'd tell her to shove it and have Dad call me.

speedcam

STEALTH , i see your point and your right, i should have mentioned the fact that she did original call him and tried to describe to him what was going on, but kept turning it around on her, so i asked if i could talk to him and try to explain it in better terms. at least i was civil to him, he's the one that jumped all over me.

BL

my wife goes to court today for child support against us [ quote ]

Is the child yours too ?

What does the Court Orders state about Medical .

You state the ER stated to Fallow up with Pediatrician.

You don't say what ER Dr. Diagnoses was . Only your opinion .

And If I were DAD I quite honestly wouldn't take your opinion , and Jump on you too.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
speedcam said:
STEALTH , i see your point and your right, i should have mentioned the fact that she did original call him and tried to describe to him what was going on, but kept turning it around on her, so i asked if i could talk to him and try to explain it in better terms. at least i was civil to him, he's the one that jumped all over me.
Then your wife needs to figure out how to communicate with him and stop handing it off to you. You're not making things better. Tell her to grow a pair and deal with the man she chose to father her kids.

haiku

As a step parent myself, I gotta say "Dude, you are seriously WAY too involved here."

Even if he won't listen to your wife, that is kinda HIS problem to deal with, with her and the courts. You don't need to be the one to be the go betwee

You really don't have any right to harp on his owing of support to YOUR WIFE. Once he denied your 'kind" offer of gas money, you should have ended it right there, all you did was inflame the situation.

I wonder if you let your wife handle the communication AND the lack of it, would life go alot smoother for ALL of you.

you are actually pretty lucky my husbands ex, the CP, had a live-in boyfriend, who once tried some of the things you have been posting about here, and the FIRST words out of my husbands mouth were, 'You put yourself between me and MY kids again, I will have YOU in court so fast your head will spin." the boyfriend NEVER came to to pick up and drop offs or answered the phone when my husband called again.

Currently, my husband and his ex are at an impasse over visitation issues. No matter how ugly it gets between them and how much she doesn't want to hear from him, I am pretty damn sure as a MOTHER, that she doesn't want to hear anything I have to say about it. (and there is PLENTY, believe me, I just save it for my poor husband LOL) just my presence alone is enough to irritate her.

Let the court sort out his inability to communicate with your ex over parenting decisions. It is NOT your place.

speedcam

Blonde Lebinese said:
my wife goes to court today for child support against us [ quote ]

Is the child yours too ?

***sorry for the confusion, the state and him are taking my wife and i to court for child support.

What does the Court Orders state about Medical .

** order states that he is to pay 1/2 med bills withing ten days of us sending him a copy of the reciept and also 1/2 the insurance to be paid every Friday ( amount $15.00)

You state the ER stated to Fallow up with Pediatrician.

You don't say what ER Dr. Diagnoses was . Only your opinion .

*** ER doc said without doing further tests that he does in fact show symptoms of seizures, although mild ones, but he also shows signs of MS. But that he needs to be followed up on by his pediatrician so they can run more tests.

And If I were DAD I quite honestly wouldn't take your opinion , and Jump on you too.
*** i only did what he has asked me to do prior, he had asked me to call him if there were any problems with the kids or if there were anything being said that needed to be straightened out so we could solve all the issues between us.

haiku

***sorry for the confusion, the state and him are taking my wife and i to court for child support.

is YOUR name on that petition?

speedcam

haiku said:

is YOUR name on that petition?
** actually it says Mr.and Mrs. *****..... a/k/a/: *********

i thought it was messed up or i had read it wrong but i've looked at it 4 or 5 times.

speedcam

**** update ******

my wife just called me and told me that we now have to go to trial for child support , even though her ex's lawyer told the court he does not want child support 4 times during session because that would lower his aid amount from the state. he currently is on: W2, food stamps and medical assistance.
any advice on what we need to get ready for this or anything?

can we now go for modification & contempt of the order due to him not following the stipulatings put forth in it. if we can it would mean he looses 50/50 and then now would have to pay us child support according to the court order.

thanks for any and all thoughts and advice.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Those would require motions of their own to be heard. Which would require the usual time to serve him, response time, etc.

speedcam

yes i understand this but if we get it going now we should be able to get a good date shouldn't we? from what the paperwork states she was given today, the trial date is in September this year.

also was wondering how bad we are going to get it since we are required to bring taxes from the last two years. and they will show approximately $20,000.00 more than we are currently bring home. will they take this into consideration?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">