• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is contract binding?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

auntnana

What is the name of your state? TN

This may be splitting hairs but I don't know so I thought I'd ask. At work we have a secutiry system with monthly monitoring fees. My boss signed a 'contract' agreeing to increase the fee by $x to have status reports sent each week. He decided to go with another company. The original vendor says that when he signed up for that additional service it extended the contract date 5 years. I looked at it and it does say 5 years (if you have a magnifying glass).

The agreement he signed does not list the entire company name, instead of ABC Printing it says A Printing. Also the agreement has 3 lines - Subscriber Name, Signature, and Date. He signed his name on the Subscriber Name line instead of the signature line. There's nothing on the signature line.

I think he's stuck but I don't know. Since the company name is incorrect and he didn't sign on the signature line, would it still be binding?

HomeGuru

auntnana said:
What is the name of your state? TN

This may be splitting hairs but I don't know so I thought I'd ask. At work we have a secutiry system with monthly monitoring fees. My boss signed a 'contract' agreeing to increase the fee by $x to have status reports sent each week. He decided to go with another company. The original vendor says that when he signed up for that additional service it extended the contract date 5 years. I looked at it and it does say 5 years (if you have a magnifying glass).

The agreement he signed does not list the entire company name, instead of ABC Printing it says A Printing. Also the agreement has 3 lines - Subscriber Name, Signature, and Date. He signed his name on the Subscriber Name line instead of the signature line. There's nothing on the signature line.

I think he's stuck but I don't know. Since the company name is incorrect and he didn't sign on the signature line, would it still be binding?
**A: yes it would be binding.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">