• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Midemeanor in MD

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mcibulas

undefinedWhat is the name of your state? MD

I have a 17 year old son who has had an informal intake hearing which has now been referred to the States Attorney who may summon him for a formal intake hearing. The midemeanor alledges that a camera was used to take a video clip of someone without consent. No images are available as proof, it has become a case of he said/she said and others not present have said.
We are moving out of state and I am wondering what happens if he fails to return for the summons if one is issued. We have contacted an attroney who feels it will be dismissed due to the lack of evidence, but I am just wondering what this ould mean in a worst case scenerio as travel may be quite expensive. Also, will this record be available to colleges and employers? This is his first citation, he is an excellent student, community volunteer, and invloved in numerous clubs and athletics, we don't want to cause any undo harm, when we believe the allegation to be false.

HomeGuru

mcibulas said:
undefinedWhat is the name of your state? MD

I have a 17 year old son who has had an informal intake hearing which has now been referred to the States Attorney who may summon him for a formal intake hearing. The midemeanor alledges that a camera was used to take a video clip of someone without consent. No images are available as proof, it has become a case of he said/she said and others not present have said.
We are moving out of state and I am wondering what happens if he fails to return for the summons if one is issued. We have contacted an attroney who feels it will be dismissed due to the lack of evidence, but I am just wondering what this ould mean in a worst case scenerio as travel may be quite expensive. Also, will this record be available to colleges and employers? This is his first citation, he is an excellent student, community volunteer, and invloved in numerous clubs and athletics, we don't want to cause any undo harm, when we believe the allegation to be false.
**A: please state the subject of the video clip.

M

mcibulas

the alledged clip is of a female friend, not girlfriend, a quest in our home for the evening. I don't know anyother details as no clip has ever been viewed or seen by any of the parties in question. The allegation has come from a third party who was also not in our home during the evening of the alledged occurance.

HomeGuru

mcibulas said:
the alledged clip is of a female friend, not girlfriend, a quest in our home for the evening. I don't know anyother details as no clip has ever been viewed or seen by any of the parties in question. The allegation has come from a third party who was also not in our home during the evening of the alledged occurance.
**A: what do you mean you don't know any other details? This is your son we are talking about right? Did you not interrogate your son at great length to uncover the real facts and the truth? There is a lot more to this story than you have told and that your son has told you. We cannot help you since you refuse to provide the salient details needed to advise you further.

M

mcibulas

My son has denied any knowledge of this action or of any video clip, it has been alledeged by someone not in our home the night in question. He has been interogated by both his parents and his attorney and has made statements under oathe as to his innocence.My question is rather straight forward and has nothing to do with the details of the alledged video, but so that you are aware it was nothing sexual in nature, her on a cell phone is what has been told in a statement by others. My question is, what happens if he fails to show up for a hearing if in fact one is scheduled and is residing out of state. This seems rather straight forward,and not related to any of the other details. For your own clarification his accuser is a boy who's homosexual advances he rejected on a trip to England while rooming together.

HomeGuru

mcibulas said:
My son has denied any knowledge of this action or of any video clip, it has been alledeged by someone not in our home the night in question. He has been interogated by both his parents and his attorney and has made statements under oathe as to his innocence.My question is rather straight forward and has nothing to do with the details of the alledged video, but so that you are aware it was nothing sexual in nature, her on a cell phone is what has been told in a statement by others. My question is, what happens if he fails to show up for a hearing if in fact one is scheduled and is residing out of state. This seems rather straight forward,and not related to any of the other details. For your own clarification his accuser is a boy who's homosexual advances he rejected on a trip to England while rooming together.
**A: and who are you really? You are writing for someone else.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">