• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probate Problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Tiffanyg215

What is the name of your state? - PA

My grandmother passed away 11 years ago, and her estate passed via intestate succession to my mother and her 4 brothers and sisters. My mother was the court appointed administrator. Inheritance taxes were paid and two of three properties were sold, but the estate never went through probate. Now I want to either purchase the third property or have them give it to me. Will we need to go through probate now, after 11 years?

Dandy Don

Yes, probate is needed in order to legally determine and record exactly who has ownership and who the legal heirs are.

For what reason was the estate never probated?

T

Tiffanyg215

There is no reason that I know of. Does this mean that the other two sale transactions are invalid?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">