• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Maintenance Responsibility

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jonesbonita

What is the name of your state? CA We enlarged a deck on our PUD with board approval about 10 years ago. The deck has to be replaced now due to termintes and dry rot. In the CCR it's say that decks are the responsibility of HOA. However the Board says since I altered the deck it is not their responsibility to replace, so I will have to replace the deck at my expense. It does not say that in the CCR's. If not in the CCR's, where would this be stated that would transfer the liability to me?

HomeGuru

jonesbonita said:
What is the name of your state? CA We enlarged a deck on our PUD with board approval about 10 years ago. The deck has to be replaced now due to termintes and dry rot. In the CCR it's say that decks are the responsibility of HOA. However the Board says since I altered the deck it is not their responsibility to replace, so I will have to replace the deck at my expense. It does not say that in the CCR's. If not in the CCR's, where would this be stated that would transfer the liability to me?
**A: I agree with the HOA. Ask the HOA.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">