• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

not paying child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lsharra

:mad: What is the name of your state?arkansas

i was divorced in 1994 and the judge awarded me 100.00 a week child support for two children. Since this time i have took him back to court twice for back child support and the judge granted me 125.00 a week to cover the child support that he was not paying. This man works construction and he gets paid under the table to keep from having to pay weekly and make it harder to keep up with what he is doing. He was sentenced to jail for two yrs. for dealing drugs, and he feels that while he was in jail that he doesn't have to pay this, does he? He is still not paying every week like he should, he pays when he wants to. He is living with a women now that has bought him a new truck and he is working every day with a construction company in wich he is the forman and he still not taking responsibility for his childrens doctor bills or dentist bills and child support, he doesnt carry insurance on my children and has never since we have been divorced. Last yr.the IRS was hounding me about some back taxes that were owed for the yr. 1991 i contacted him and told him about this and he refused to help with this bill wich was 6900.00 They threatened to garnish my wages and or throw me in jail because i couldn't make payments, so my husband now had to borrow the money from his retirement plan to pay this to keep this from happening, i told my ex that we had to pay these and that my husband would like half of this amount back because he didnt feel like it was right for him to pay his taxes is there any thing i can do about any of these situations to get some kinda of satifaction like i said he gets paid under the table to keep his social sucurity# from poping up for any reason. :mad

VeronicaGia

Unless he filed for and was granted a modification while he was in prison he will still have to pay that money. As far as his wife, she is not responsible to support your child.

Your only option is to keep filing contempt of court against him until a judge tires of it and puts him in jail, he will have to pay an amount to get out and you'll get the money.

As far as insurance, usually insurance is ordered if at no or reasonable cost and associated with an employment plan. If his employer doesn't insure him or anyone for that matter, he is not in violation of the order. However, if you can prove the portion you pay for health insurance to a judge, the judge will order him to pay you that too.

topsidder

"He is living with a women now that has bought him a new truck and he is working every day with a construction company in wich he is the forman and he still not taking responsibility for his childrens doctor bills or dentist bills and child support, he doesnt carry insurance on my children and has never since we have been divorced."

When it comes to the expenses the chlidren are HIS? And, when it comes to the benefits (health insurance) the children are YOURS? I would not pay insurance for children that are YOURS. I might consider OUR children. But, definatly not YOUR children. Your lucky I am not your husbands attorney.

Best to change that attitude. The children are not YOURS or HIS, but both.

kat1963

Topsidder :)

Concerning the 91 taxes. Was this for non-filing? ....I have some experience in this area, might have some advice.

KAT

L

lsharra

topsidder said:
"He is living with a women now that has bought him a new truck and he is working every day with a construction company in wich he is the forman and he still not taking responsibility for his childrens doctor bills or dentist bills and child support, he doesnt carry insurance on my children and has never since we have been divorced."

When it comes to the expenses the chlidren are HIS? And, when it comes to the benefits (health insurance) the children are YOURS? I would not pay insurance for children that are YOURS. I might consider OUR children. But, definatly not YOUR children. Your lucky I am not your husbands attorney.

Best to change that attitude. The children are not YOURS or HIS, but both.
Sounds to me like you have some issues yourself in this area, you dont carry insurance on (your) kids?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">