• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question on how child support is figured if assets are "hidden"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AZMomOf2

What is the name of your state?AZ

I am currently in a situation where the last judgement was 5 years ago. I haven't filed anything since then because my ex husband hasn't had a job that pays "over the table" I guess you would say. We are going to court again regarding custody on Monday, and I know that child support may be addressed. I don't exactly know where things stand with him financially, as he was awarded a trust at 30 (two years ago) that his mother transfered to her name to avoid him having to pay a bigger amount of child support than what was figured at the earlier date.

I feel that if it is my son's right, I will fight to have these secrets exposed, if I can. My ex husband and his family are very odd about their money. They think that everyone is after them for it, and, even though our son is part of them, he is still part of me and it cannot leave their minds. It is incredibly sad, especially when the amount they pay is more than my son would eat in a few days. It does make me physically ill to think that they would rather see him suffer than give more than $200.........

How can you prove someone has an income more than what they claim? He is living off of this trust, having odd jobs here and there, but living the life of a "trust fund" kid, bragging about how many things he has, how much money he has, but cannot bring himself to take care of his responsibilities. It is such a shame.

Anyone have any ideas? advice? support? All is appreciated, even if it comes from personal experience.......TIA!

AZMomOf2undefined

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">