• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Theft

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rebecalee

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Texas
5 years ago I was caught stealing money from my former employer (WHICH I REGRET). I'm not sure how much I stoled, but I though it was about 3,000 dlls. Logically, he fired me and didn't not called me back until a year after, that is on year 2000. By that time I was already married and with my 1 month baby boy. He told he would forget about it if I would pay him back 5,000 dlls. Since I was afraid and concern about my baby I did paid him. I paid him 5,000 dlls for him to leave me alone. I was so much afraid of everything. Now, my concern today almost 5 years ago is for him to try to accuse me again for the same thing. How can I prove that I paid him "back"? Can he do anything about it? Help me! I'm Afraid!

n_and

Were the police called when you initially stole the money?

Were the police involved when you paid him back?

When you withdrew $5,000.00 from your bank account did you save the record?

R

rebecalee

Help

Yes, the police did came by and took me to the police station and I made a written statement. They let me go that same day and I was just terrified. When the year had past and he call me back no none was involved except his employees who hand me a receipt and my husband who accompany me. The only thing I have from him a receipt which state I paid 5,000dlls,but do not state for what and are sign by one of his employees. I also have a check which I gave him in case I did not bring him 5,000dlls within a month he could withdraw from my bank account. I asked for this check back from him when I gave him the money and he himself void it and in the back it was already endorsed with his signature. That is all I have. I know I was ignorant, but I did not wanted further problems especially now with my baby. Five years have passed and he has not called me back, but I'm afraid. Can he do something?

Last edited:

n_and

I wouldn't think so. He could bring you to court, but you have a police report from when you were arrested, and reciepts from your ex-employer, signed by an employee of his. Why are you so worried after 5 years? I'd breathe easy.

You've got enough proof you've paid, considering you were arrested for stealing X amount, then a year later have reciepts from the ex-employer stating you paid X amount.

Let it go, and Good luck. Glad to hear you've straightened out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">