• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

inury settlement alimony

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gracie51

What is the name of your state?tn
I was upset to say the least when my attorney did such a crappy job defending me letting my spouse get part of my injury claim . My spouse knew of the settlement( it is posted at the court house) and they quit their job and took me back to court. I wrote my attorney a nasty note, and I have just received a letter from him saying he is going to excuse hisself from the case. I guess I am happy about this because he sat their while their lawyer was aggressively going after me in court. My attorney sat there and did NOTHING to defend me. I have another attorney in mine. My question is this: My spouse is stalling the divorce trying to get all they can. By getting another attorney will this move the court date in September up again or can I use another attorney with this court date? Do they have to file their own court date? Also, I didnt get a response back from my first thread. The money I recieved from the injury settlement was for future wages. My spouse got 1200 (mo) off the settlement plus alimony of 1200(mo).I am now paying 2500 a month which I was told is temporary. They did say that SHE must get a job. I am using a friends computer which is female using their nic. I hope that is ok with you all. It is ok with her. Thanks for the response when you do.

Last edited:

JETX

"By getting another attorney will this move the court date in September up again or can I use another attorney with this court date?"
*** That depends entirely on how quickly your 'new' attorney can get up to speed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">