• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Relationship w/ a Minor- Statuatory Rape?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

Flautista

What is the name of your state? California

If there's a comprehensive post on this already, I'd appreciate a link.

My boyfriend recently turned eighteen and I am sixteen. We have previously engaged in sexual activity and I can't find any concrete information about an adult having a relationship with a minor constituting statuatory rape.

In CA law, is it still considered rape with my being only two years younger than him?

And, are our previous actions considered illegal?

CdwJava

Yes. Your sexual relationship would be illegal.

PC 261.5. (a) Unlawful sexual intercourse is an act of sexual
intercourse accomplished with a person who is not the spouse of the
perpetrator, if the person is a minor. For the purposes of this
section, a "minor" is a person under the age of 18 years and an
"adult" is a person who is at least 18 years of age.

(b) Any person who engages in an act of unlawful sexual
intercourse with a minor who is not more than three years older or
three years younger than the perpetrator, is guilty of a misdemeanor.

This is not counting other charges that could be filed such as contributing to your delinquency, etc. Your prior criminal activity aside (and it was illegal even before you turned 18), instead of juvenile hall, if he's popped he now goes to jail and/or prison. This could also result ina sex crimes conviction and registration for him.

So, if you really think you love him, its time to keep it platonic and non-sexual. I know that won't happen, but you've been warned ... and the life that will be ruined is his.

Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">