• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support Headache

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JEvans1005

:confused: What is the name of your state? TEXAS; I have finally began recieving child support from my ex. My Daughter is 20 now and seems to think this is her money! I feel like since I raised her without the benefit of child support this money is mine as I provided her all the necessities from my own pocket. Who is right?

TNBSMommy

To the best of my knowledge, you are, child support is for the custodial parent to help raise the child, not for the child like an allowance, unless you want to give it to her.

haiku

child support is for support of the child.

the money you are receiving now is reimbursing YOU the costs associated, with the many years you alone, fed, clothed and housed her.

You owe her nothing.

BL

And of Course a teen or young adult would want it ........ Tell her flat out NO , and what the other's have stated .

haiku

it amazes me, how many adult children seem to think the support is owed to THEM.

using that logic, than ALL parents whether NCP or CP, and divorced or not, owe thier kids a check every month.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">