• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wierd question?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sweet_caligirl

What is the name of your state? Ca..When I called to find out about the child support case with my father. She started asking questions about probate as far as my mother is concerned. I know the order was to be paid to my mother but mother is deceased so I am trying to find out if it can now be paid to me. I don't understand what probate would have to do with it since it is money that you owe not money that is owed to you. Or is that true?

nextwife

You need to offer more info.

LIke the existance of a CO.
Your age.
Are you referring to arrears or future support?

The arrearage, if any, would likely be due her estate, not you directly. Which is why they were asking about probate.

Future support would be paid to whomever now has legal custody, once they establish a CO.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">