• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

legal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

helperz

What is the name of your state? Texas

I really like this guy that is 23 yrs old..he likes me and he knows that i am 15 but is scared to come and visit me... We want to date... like hold hands and kiss but nothing more... my parents know about this and give concent for us to date and I just want to know, if we just want to be boyfriend and girlfriend and everyone okays it, is it legal here in Texas since i am not 17 yet??

Gabby

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/statutes/petoc.html - scroll down to Title 5, Chapter 21, § 21.11. INDECENCY WITH A CHILD.

Your "boyfriend" could find himself in very hot water. Anything further than holding hands could fall under sexual contact. Your parents' consent is meaningless, and could actually cause them legal problems as well - neglect, contributing to the delinquency of a minor come to mind.

Realistically speaking, 23yo men who cannot find adult women to date and have to resort to 15yo children have issues that you should not be involved with. Let me guess - you met him over the Internet. Find a boy your own age.

CdwJava

Ditto what Stealth said.

This guy has only one thing on his mind ... and it ain't, "Gee, what a stimulating intellectual conversation we can have."

Or, he is horrendously immature.

Stay away from him!!

Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">