• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

support and insurance....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

speedcam

wisconsin.....
i am wondering if the fact that i pay $25,000.00 in insurance on my wife's three children a year will be taken into consideration when we go to court over child support? we have found out that hr ex now has coverage also but he will not give us any proof( ei.. cards) like he is supposed to. we pay all med. bills for them and take them to the doctors, dentists.... he does not.
if he says he has coverage and has told the courts he does can i drop them off my insurance if this will not be considered?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Noone can tell you what a court will or will not do. However, you are not required, by court order, to provide insurance. Therefore, you don't have to. If you choose to, then it's a choice you make. Don't expect to get credit for it. If Dad is suppsoed to and he doesn't, Mom needs to address that with the court.

speedcam

i understand MOM needs to address things. nothing in any of the court paperwork, divorce or otherwise, says anyone has to supply insurance for the kids. MOM always has and then just before we got married we put them on mine since DAD hadn't supplied any for the kids since they were born, and hadn't that we knew of until last Friday. All the court oder says is that he is to pay half the bills and insurance back to us. we haven't seen that since 2002 and apparently can't do anything about that because he is unable to work due to injury.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">