• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Another Fence/Garage Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

thequeenb168

What is the name of your state? IL

My neighbor of 13 years has decided that our fence is on her property.After a survery we have found the fence is 6 inches on her property however her garage is 3 inches on my property. My fence is over 13 years old, do I have to take it down? and if she does make me take it down can I make her move her garage?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

thequeenb168 said:
What is the name of your state? IL

My neighbor of 13 years has decided that our fence is on her property.After a survery we have found the fence is 6 inches on her property however her garage is 3 inches on my property. My fence is over 13 years old, do I have to take it down? and if she does make me take it down can I make her move her garage?

My response:

Yes. Tell her to get her garage off your property, or you're going to sue her for the value of your land. And, as it turns out, those 3 inches are the most expensive 3 inches in the county! Tell her you received an estimate of the value - - one million dollars per inch!

Tell her she has 10 days from today to pay up, or get off your land.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">