• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need advice landlord a jerk!!!!wrongful eviction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sammie53

What is the name of your state?
What is the name of your state? Plattsburgh Ny Clinton County

I need some advice on a wrongful eviction that just happened to me.. I say wrongful because it was...
I am a Canadian Citizen who has a Camper Trailer in Plattsburgh NY. I have been there for 6 years. In Feb the camp grounds were sold to new owners.
In May I paid my lot rent of $880.00 and the elec for the winter months. On June 4th the new owner canelled my gate code not allowing me to get to my trailer. When I did finally getin he was right behind me following me to my trailer. I asked him what the problem was and he started yelling at me that I had a party and I was making noise and that if I didn't stop making trouble he would give me 2 weeks notice and have me evicted. Well that went really well concidering those were the first words he ever spoke to us. I said we didn't have a party and we were inside the addition.We were not making noise at all.I had 3 other elderly people with us and we were having coffee. He said that he was parkied on one of his vacant lots listening to us. Take note...this happened on June 4th...he obviously got mad at me for telling him that he needs an attitude change and went to his office and wrote me an eviction letter the same day. June 4th he wrote the letter June 7th it was post marked and on June 9th I got it in my mail. In the letter he gave me 7 days to get out. Now I live in Canada and he knows that I only go to the trailer on fridays..he made sure the letter got to me on the 9th and that I would be leaving to go there on the 10th giving me 1 day to remove my trailer with a 12x24 foot addition. I would like to know what are the legal proceeding he has to take when evicting someone. Can he evict me just like that with no written notice? And to top it all off...he had scared everyone there ...to the point that if I was to get these people who were with me that night he will evict them too for being a witness. Is there anyway that can be a witness and can the courts stop him from evicting them. We are all in our late 50's to mid 60's...we don't have partys..I have no isea why he did this to us...could be a power thing...Can someone please give me some advice...I have no idea what to do...I filed for small claims court...but my witnesses are to afriad to come to court for fear they will be next on the eviction list.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">