• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

manufacture charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

ShooterQ

What is the name of your state? Kansas
My brother was in the house of his girl friend and they were served a warrant for manufacturing meth. The warrant listed only address and no names, they were given items seized. They found 10 cold tablets, tin foil, night vision goggles, co2 container, glass tube and blue liquid in bottle. He was arrested she was not as she has 3 young children. He stated the co2 was for his paint ball gun and the blue liquid was kool-aid they made and had no idea what glass tube they were describing other than cigar tube. This is a very small rural area of kansas and they have little or no money and this detective has done several qestionable sezures in the past will this hold up?

n_and

Uh....yeah.

Look up on the internet "how to make crystal meth".

And I assure you meth is generally smoked out of glass cigar tubes.

Unless your brother hires the biggest, baddest, bulldog attorney in Kansas, he's going to jail.

n_and

VRhunter
Actually, the kool aid is a factor in why he was arrested. Pseudo-whatever it is in cold pills will froth and foam when you add kool-aid to it. This is part of making Crytal Meth. Just about everything listed is needed to make crystal meth.

But I definitely see what you were getting at. ;)

HomeGuru

ShooterQ said:
What is the name of your state? Kansas
My brother was in the house of his girl friend and they were served a warrant for manufacturing meth. The warrant listed only address and no names, they were given items seized. They found 10 cold tablets, tin foil, night vision goggles, co2 container, glass tube and blue liquid in bottle. He was arrested she was not as she has 3 young children. He stated the co2 was for his paint ball gun and the blue liquid was kool-aid they made and had no idea what glass tube they were describing other than cigar tube. This is a very small rural area of kansas and they have little or no money and this detective has done several qestionable sezures in the past will this hold up?
**A: your brother must be still on the stuff.

VR_Hunter

n_and said:
VRhunter
Actually, the kool aid is a factor in why he was arrested. Pseudo-whatever it is in cold pills will froth and foam when you add kool-aid to it. This is part of making Crytal Meth. Just about everything listed is needed to make crystal meth.

But I definitely see what you were getting at. ;)
In the military I was given a list of what to look for when performing inspections and what some of the physical traits to look for in suspect personnel. Kool-Aid was not one of them. Thanks for the input. I will keep that in mind when put together with other suspect ingredients.

It is not hard to believe it was not added to our list since there are hundreds of different recipes for making meth. All consist of things I wouldn't force feed a rat let alone inject, snort or smoke.

JETX

n_and said:
I had also never heard of using kool-aid in meth production, so did a little searching of the internet. I was NOT able to find any mention of its use in the making of meth as claimed above, but I did find that it can be used as a 'coloring agent' in some regions.
See Variation 2 on page 5 of the following:
http://www.sirchie.com/apb Issues/APB APRIL E-BOOK.pdf

T

TalulaRae

I have heard of teenagers using kool aid as the liquid needed to smoke out of a water pipe or bong. Although I was under the impression there was no odor to meth which led me to believe that meant no taste. Evidently the kool aid covers up a foul or bitter taste. They did'nt offer Meth Lab when I was in school so I don't know much on how to produce the stuff. I guess to start you must have one RIPE DUMB ASS. You can find them at any local market.

HomeGuru

TalulaRae said:
I have heard of teenagers using kool aid as the liquid needed to smoke out of a water pipe or bong.

**A: in my days we did not go that poor to use Kool Aid.
We used 151 Rum.

navy_kids

sorry

JETX said:
I had also never heard of using kool-aid in meth production, so did a little searching of the internet. I was NOT able to find any mention of its use in the making of meth as claimed above, but I did find that it can be used as a 'coloring agent' in some regions.
See Variation 2 on page 5 of the following:
http://www.sirchie.com/apb Issues/APB APRIL E-BOOK.pdf

Sorry, but DAMN!!! JETX your link shut my browser down. Was that the intention or is my firewall working as it should?

Interesting

n_and

I can't say I've ever made Meth, so I could be wrong. But I have heard that you need the pseudo-whatever it is to froth when making it, and the chemicals in Kool-aid react to the pseudo stuff...again, I could be wrong. It is disgusting. Jet, could you try that link again, or the homepage where you found it - I would like to read it for some reason. I'm curious now as to what the heck the kool-aid is used for.

JETX

navy_kids said:
Sorry, but DAMN!!! JETX your link shut my browser down. Was that the intention or is my firewall working as it should?

Interesting
The link works just fine.... have it open as we speak.
The link is a PDF file to the April 2004 publication of APB (All Points Bulletin), an online magazine for LEO's and forensics.
You might try to access the issue from their download page: http://www.sirchie.com/apb.asp

Last edited:
T

TalulaRae

HomeGuru)**A: in my days we did not go that poor to use Kool Aid. We used 151 Rum.[/QUOTE said:
I believe that a lot of teenagers are realizing the negative effects that alcohol has on their credibilty. Even as an accessory to their meth intake this might leave an odor detectable by parents or a cop pulling them over. The more informed teen of the 21st century would never mix their speed with booze! ;)

W

Who mE?

Will it hold up? Based on the information you have provided, I do not think they have enough evidence to back up a charge of "intent to manufacture" however, I think the reason all the other replies are saying "Yes" besides being faceteous, sarcastic or jerks, is that for them to have raided the house, it is likely they have some more evidence than just what they found there.

To make methamphetamine (or any drug) it takes the precursor chems, and some reagents and some solvents. The precursor in this case is pseudoephedrine, which is contained in sudafed and many other cold pills. Fortunately for your brother, there were no reagents found, examples would include potassium permagnate, hydrochloric acid, sodium hydroxide, hydroiodic acid, iodine, red phosphorus (comes from matchbooks)... and based on what you said, no solvents were found either... no Acetone, Xylene, Alcohol... methanol...

I have a feeling many people said "yes" in reply to laugh at how common these articles discovered were. It is possible that being in Kansas will make defending oneself harder, as methamphetamine production is so rampant there.

I can assure those who posted on this thread that Kool aid is not used in the methamphetamine manufacturing process, nor any other manufacturing process. It is somewhat interesting (alarming?) to note that the charge used in these types of cases is "Intent to Manufacture a controlled substance"... but how can a prosecutor prove intent? Simple, they prove that the accused has the requisite knowledge (by showing literature found at the scene), apparatus (glassware or equipment), and chemicals (precursors, reagents, and solvents) to be able to manufacture the substance. Of course, god forbid if a grad student ever tries to find the cure for cancer (or even a way to clean dishes better) in their home lab, as the nature of all things chemical is becoming so highly regulated that it is an endless nightmare of beauracratic paranoia.

"They found 10 cold tablets, tin foil, night vision goggles, co2 container, glass tube and blue liquid in bottle"... if this is all it takes for someone to be convicted for meth manufacture, then almost everybody I know who is into paintballing is guilty. Hell, even I have cold tablets, aluminum foil, glass tubes, and blue liquids in my house, and I'm a computer programmer not a meth manufacturer. I agree that night vision goggles are cool and CO2 containers are useful (for putting out aka "extinguishing" fires).

Granted, foil and glass tubes can be used to SMOKE methamphetamine... this is a different charge, called "Possession of a controlled substance", usually with dramatically reduced penalties. For this to happen, law enforcement needs to find some actual Methamphetamine... I am afraid if the OP is telling the truth, that his brother is facing what is known as "Trumped up charges"... These are often used to manipulate the accused into agreeing to a plea bargain whereby he "snitches" on his supplier in exchange for a lesser charge. It is in many ways a form of terrorism used by our own government's agencies (the DEA) to increase their convictions statistics to net more taxpayer funding.

B

baitswitch

Those items are innocuous, and I agree with the last poster, also I may be worong but is Kool-aid just sugar water ? Of the many methods of manufacture I know, never heard it being used.
The search warrant must have been based on something prior, or is he on probation ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">