• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quseiont about imputing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

frylover

What is the name of your state? LA

I know from what I have read here that if the court believes a person to be voluntarily unemployed or under-employed they will base his child support on what he could be making. Would this hold true if a person was NOT voluntarily unemployed but had been fired for something that he knew would likely lead to his termination. Let me emphasize her really did not want to get fired to get out of paying support.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

frylover said:
What is the name of your state? LA

I know from what I have read here that if the court believes a person to be voluntarily unemployed or under-employed they will base his child support on what he could be making. Would this hold true if a person was NOT voluntarily unemployed but had been fired for something that he knew would likely lead to his termination. Let me emphasize her really did not want to get fired to get out of paying support.

My response:

It doesn't matter to the court, necessarily, whether an obligor parent is unemployed voluntarily, involuntarily, or under-employed.

What matters is that there's a child out there that needs support. So, when the court "imputes" income to an obligor parent, that's the IMPETUS to get a job REAL FAST.

IAAL

p.s. What the hell happened with this word - - "Quseiont" ?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

frylover said:
OOPS! Sorry! Guess it's the "trailer" in me rearing it's ugly head! :D

Anyway, thanks for the reply!

My response:

I thought, perhaps, you may have farted while writing because that word definitely looks like it was "exploded".

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">