• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I still be charged

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

housecomp

What is the name of your state?TX

In 1992, I had a relationship with a 14 yr old student and got her pregnant. Of course, I knew that if the school found out I would be fire. I took her to get an abortion (of course without her parental consent) in exchanged I promised her I would divorce my wife and marry her . The divorce never happened , I continued my relationship with her for 3 yrs and she finally got fed up with me and ended our relationship.
Recently, I run into her and now am worried that she might take legal action. Can I still be charged for something that happened over 10 yrs ago?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

housecomp said:
What is the name of your state?TX

In 1992, I had a relationship with a 14 yr old student and got her pregnant. Of course, I knew that if the school found out I would be fire. I took her to get an abortion (of course without her parental consent) in exchanged I promised her I would divorce my wife and marry her . The divorce never happened , I continued my relationship with her for 3 yrs and she finally got fed up with me and ended our relationship.
Recently, I run into her and now am worried that she might take legal action. Can I still be charged for something that happened over 10 yrs ago?

My response:

What a guy you are!!

Screwing little girls, and then making stupid promises. Your ass is grass, pal.

IAAL

CdwJava

TX has a 10 year statute of limitations on certain sex crimes. I'm not sure if stat. rape is one of them, but it might be. And in your position of authority at the school, my guess is that it WILL fall into the 10 year category.

Yeah, you SHOULD worry. And I hope she does make your life Hell.

Carl

ptlmejo

Hmm, I think this even goes beyond statutory rape. I can't think of a single state (other than maybe some of the southern hick states ;)) where a 14 y/o can actually give consent.

snostar

Texas also has Chapter 21 § 21.12. IMPROPER RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN EDUCATOR AND STUDENT.
(a) An employee of a public or private primary or secondary school commits an offense if the employee engages in sexual contact, sexual intercourse, or deviate sexual intercourse with a person who is enrolled in a public or private primary or secondary school at which the employee works and who is not the employee's spouse.

(b) An offense under this section is a felony of the second degree.

O

otbrink

Damn!

Well on the bright side, if it it happened in '92 only you would be beyond the 10 year statute. But on the not too bright side, it did not, according to your words. The sexual relationship continued for another 3 years (assuming you and her - the student/victim are doing the same math). Which would mean that you are looking at '95 as the year the relationship ended. Therefore the statute has at least another year.

But even if the ladder is true, and her math differs from your own, she will have reached 18 years of age. So for statutory rape, you are looking at - at least another year of fear, doubt, and uncertainty.

Get the divorce now, and save your wife and kids the misery of getting caught up in this mess. Trust me! You do not want to drag them through this!

I hope that she is the last under aged female you had sex with, or this just starts all over again.

Has there been any others?

T

terry286

Prison laws isnt the same as state laws so you better stay out of that court,and hope the kid doesnt start disliking you. And it makes me feel safe to know that i have to get up and send my 5 kids to people like you. Its needless to say that the law will send me to jail if i dont send them to school.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">