• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Helping megans law along???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

public_citizen

What is the name of your state?ohio hamilton county

I found out that a regester sex offender lives in our neighborhood. He is a tier 1 criminal so there was no posting signs or informing neighbors just the regestering on the list.

Can i make a flyer showing his picture and listing the website address for sexual offenders and state he is on there? if not what can i put on the flyer to distribute about the neighborhood. I dont wish to break any law or make famatory remarks on the person convicted but I would like to post or deliver a flyer in the neighborhood to let them know he lives there

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Yes, you can. It's not defamatory if it's the truth. Just make damn sure it's the same person, and that there is no mistake about it. You're playing with fire if you make a mistaken identity, or if you "advertise" inacurrate information. Make sure he doesn't have a twin.

Read over your copy 3 times for accuracy, and then have someone else check your facts too - - without any input from you.

IAAL

P

public_citizen

thanks for the info. I was planning on just printing the picture from the web site along with the address also on the sex offender web site. then making a flyer wit hthat to pass out to the entire street. we live less than 4 mins from a school and I am trying to help out our neighborhood becuase crime happens alot near here.

stephenk

do you know why he is a registered sex offender? His crime could be as minor as soliciting a prostitute.

VR_Hunter

stephenk said:
do you know why he is a registered sex offender? His crime could be as minor as soliciting a prostitute.
You can get arrested for that! Son-of-a-@#$%$, can't even buy a girl anymore. What is this country coming to. Guess I'll have to start taking them to dinner, movies, giving them gifts, etc.

public_citizen

You better hope they don't pass a law that allows them to put YOUR information on the net if you are convicted of DUI, Burglery, Spousal abuse, or even SPEEDING.

You have no idea what this person is accused of. Only that they registered as a sex offender. You have no idea if they were falsely accused, or if it was a guy who was 18 who slept with a 15 year old who lied about her age.. How would you like it???

I have a 17 year old daughter, and NO ONE touched my daughter because I paid attention to her surroundings, and she WAS NEVER allowed to go anywhere unless I knew the full detail. It's people like you who want the government to run our lives for us.

You tell me what you plan to gain by plastering this person's information around? So now you apparently want this person to become homeless not have a job so YOU AND I can pay for him in the shelters and so on. And not let him become productive in life??? Let him break into our homes so he can get food, steal what ever he has to do to survive, all because you wanted to SHARE HIS INFORMATION???

n_and

Oh, please.

You have no idea what this person is accused of. Only that they registered as a sex offender.
And that's enough.

or if it was a guy who was 18 who slept with a 15 year old who lied about her age..
Yeah, sure.

I have a 17 year old daughter, and NO ONE touched my daughter because I paid attention to her surroundings, and she WAS NEVER allowed to go anywhere unless I knew the full detail. It's people like you who want the government to run our lives for us.
No, it's people like YOU that leave inane posts all over the place about nothing. Is the poster not paying attention to HER children's surroundings? How are you deducing this, in addition to that the OP wants government running our lives? Because sex offenders need to register themselves? Make a little sense before posting.

So now you apparently want this person to become homeless not have a job
Oh, shut up. If he has a job they ran a background check and discovered he was an offender. It's the perverts fault for doing what he did, not the OP for asking a decent question.

P

public_citizen

well out for revenge i hope hes a good person and is trying to lead a productive life however. It would be better to let the neighrborhood know that there is a person who has been convicted of sex crime in the neighborhood so that they can be better informed. thats the whole point of megans law megan would not of died most likely if the parents had only known. my intent is not to harm the man any forther than hes done to himself. its to let the neighborhood know hes there. and hes done things. this way they can avoid situations that might offer a sex offender temptations. some normal things can be tempting for offenders. so i say since its happened once better that people know that its not something only on the news its in the neighborhood. so they can be a little more causious not to possibly tempt someone who had been tempted before. like trying not to drink infront of a recovering alcholic. try not to do things that a sex offender might not be able to control himself

stephenk

So PC, what is the guy convicted of? If you dont know, how are you going to make sure he isnt tempted?

As you have been warned, you better be absolutely positive you have the right information before you go posting stuff about this guy.

N And

Unfortunately I KNOW what I am talking about. It is people like this who put people on the streets who in turn, turn to crime for a living to SURVIVE. I am tired of HYPORCRYTES like you who think they KNOW all about the PEOPLE. You have no idea what this guy was convicted of.

Meagan's law was put into place FOR PEDAPHILES. NOT SOMEONE who has sex with a person who lies about their age. COME ON.. You know very well this law has been stretched TO IT'S LIMIT.

And again, let's just hope they don't start going into EVERYONE'S backyard for a crime they (or maybe even you) have committed. It's alright to sit and judge, but I tell you right now, if that were you and they were putting your PERSONAL information on the NET you would feel the same.

If they were so intent on trying to do right by citizens then why don't they have murderers information out there, or why not burglars.. I sure don't want one of them as my neighbor...

n_and

What's a hypocryte?

If you mean hypocrite, I suggest you look up the meaning of the word, then think of another to call me.

I'll wait.

gryndor

OutForRevenge said:
Unfortunately I KNOW what I am talking about... If that were you and they were putting your PERSONAL information on the NET you would feel the same.
Looking at your other posts at this forum and seeing the blind aggression in this one, it looks like YOU were convicted of a sex crime and are really touchy about having YOUR info available for everyone to see.

OutForRevenge said:
or if it was a guy who was 18 who slept with a 15 year old who lied about her age..
Is THIS your problem? This possibility kinda came out of left field there.

Just my opinion... :rolleyes:

A_and

And this was the best you could come up with??? You know, looking at your past posts, the only time you attack someone's spelling is when you don't have a leg to stand on in an argument..

GRYNDOR???

No, two strikes and it looks like you have one left... You are totally wrong about me, so why don't you try that again.. I am NOT EVEN A MALE... I have never had anything done to me, nor have I been accused of such, I am talking about a PERSON'S RIGHTS... Again, you all ASSume that just because I am all for privacy rights, I MUST BE GUILTY of something.. The ONLY thing I am guilty OF.. Is FIGHTING for my rights and my privacy to remain JUST THAT... PRIVATE..

Why don't we get back to this original post. The poster wants to put this person's name all over the block so they can what? Basically have the person evicted, then the person loses their job, and becomes WHAT?? A preditor in the night.. yea there you go.. That's fixing things...

gryndor

OutForRevenge

You really need to chill out. Your hostility is really uncalled for and misplaced. This person was asking about the legality of posting info, not asking for your extremist point of view (and attitude to boot). Take a chill pill, have a drink . :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

n_and

QUOTE]And this was the best you could come up with??? [/QUOTE]
Nope. I was trying to make light of the situation and let it go. If you insist, here we go:

Unfortunately I KNOW what I am talking about.
I'm sorry you feel as sex offenders' rights should include not letting the public know. If you feel that strongly, there are numerous things you can do other than attack a poster who asked a decent question.

NOT SOMEONE who has sex with a person who lies about their age.
Unfortunately, it's called statuatory rape. Know who you're sleeping with.

You know very well this law has been stretched TO IT'S LIMIT.
But I don't know that. Enlighten me.

And again, let's just hope they don't start going into EVERYONE'S backyard for a crime they (or maybe even you) have committed.
I got caught shoplifting when I was 14. I also smoked pot and did various drugs until I smartened up at the age of 16. If I had done these things over the age of 18, you would be able to look them up on courtconnect, a lovely little database full of what crimes people commited. So, any criminal activity can be looked up, not just sex offenders.

if that were you and they were putting your PERSONAL information on the NET you would feel the same
Anytime I am online, feel free to get my ISP address, locate my real name, and run a background check. I don't care. Everyone's personal information is on the net.

then why don't they have murderers information out there, or why not burglars..
They do. Neighbor making you uneasy? Try courtconnect. Not sure of the address, but type in your state name and courtconnect. The crimnal database will come up.

Now, do you see why I answered you as I did originally? My fingers are aching!!! Lighten up. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">