• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HELP! Following to closely

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Taconek

I am from PA.

I was cited for following to closely and have pled not guilty. I am seeking grounds to build my defense on.

I was pulled over by an unmarked car and two men in black t-shirts got out of the car and asked me some questions until and marked car and uniformed officer arrived. The first to men left and the uniformed officer cited me. Is this consitent with procedural law?

Also, I was following the car too closely because he had his left turn signal on so i thought he was going to turn. When we passed the turn and he clicked off his signal I backed off. That is when I looked in my rear view mirror.

Any help would be a GREAT HELP!!

CdwJava

Taconek said:
I am from PA.

I was cited for following to closely and have pled not guilty. I am seeking grounds to build my defense on.

I was pulled over by an unmarked car and two men in black t-shirts got out of the car and asked me some questions until and marked car and uniformed officer arrived. The first to men left and the uniformed officer cited me. Is this consitent with procedural law?

Also, I was following the car too closely because he had his left turn signal on so i thought he was going to turn. When we passed the turn and he clicked off his signal I backed off. That is when I looked in my rear view mirror.

Any help would be a GREAT HELP!!
Yes. Unless PA law prohibits unmarked units from making a stop, it IS sufficient. In court the original officers would have to testify as to their observations as well as the citing officer.

And once you yielded, you accepted the detention by the unmarked unit and officers ... so in case this might have been an issue beforehand, it wouldn't be after the stop.

Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">