• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Another CA 11357 -

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Chl0e

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California, Kern County

16 years ago I was convicted on a 11377. It was for possession of 1 gm of meth. I received a 6 month suspended sentence. I served 4 months, paid fines, on was on 3 years felony probation.

I was moving from California when the above happened. I haven’t been back to the state since.

I remember at the time my attorney had told me something about the laws changing or record expunge or something like this.

Can I make this go away or be taken off my record?

I know … 16 years and why am I just asking now. :rolleyes:

After California I went to college. I worked for family and then had my own business. It never came up. It never kept me from getting on with my life. I lived in Texas and convicted felons can vote there. I’m not into controlled substances unless they are by way of prescription. I’m not interested in buying a gun. It has kept me out of jury duty and this part is kinda cool (everyone else thinks so, but I wouldn’t mind being on a jury).

I’m thinking about going back to work. I’m tired of working for family and working for myself … let’s just say I’m better at telling the boss what to do than I am at being the boss.

So … is there some way to get this taken off my record?

P

Peety

If you hazily remember words like "expunged" ,and the like, maybe your record had already been expunged and you don't have any felonies on your record. Some expungments are automatic, say " .... if you successfully complete your probation without any further ...."

I'd say the first order of business is to find out exactly what your record is.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">