• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statute of limitation to sue Tobacco Companies

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LizzieLou

What is the name of your state?FL

My father died in 1991 from lung cancer. This was caused from many years of smoking. What is the statute of limitations for this type of case.

VR_Hunter

LizzieLou said:
What is the name of your state?FL

My father died in 1991 from lung cancer. This was caused from many years of smoking. What is the statute of limitations for this type of case.
At the risk of sounding rude. The SOL ran out in 1991.

My spouse smokes. She has read the warnings on the pack. The warnings that have been there for a Looooong time. Even when I was young and my father smoked, I knew smoking was addictive and unhealthy. I am sure your Father knew the risks.

I am sorry to hear your Father died, but for all those who smoke, don't blame the companies when it was your choice to pick up the cigarettes day after day after day.

BTW, I smoked for 15 years. I knew it was my choice. If I die from it, I can only blame myself. Stop looking for free cash or some where to place the blame. He made his choice, let it go.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">