• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Amount of child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

spieslikeus

What is the name of your state?TX

My ex was in prison when I petitioned for divorce. The judge ordered 155.95 per month for child support and 50.00 for medical support to be paid to me for our one child that we had together. Ex has been released from prison since then. My question is: What was the amount of support based on since ex had no income at that time? What percentage of his income is he supposed to be paying now? He is self-employed, has been for the last 3 years, if I take him back to court to raise his current support payment what will they look at? His tax returns?

VeronicaGia

spieslikeus said:
What is the name of your state?TX

My ex was in prison when I petitioned for divorce. The judge ordered 155.95 per month for child support and 50.00 for medical support to be paid to me for our one child that we had together. Ex has been released from prison since then. My question is: What was the amount of support based on since ex had no income at that time? What percentage of his income is he supposed to be paying now? He is self-employed, has been for the last 3 years, if I take him back to court to raise his current support payment what will they look at? His tax returns?
The child support was very likely based on minimum wage at 40 hours a week since he was unemployed.

The court will ask for 1099's and possibly a profit and loss statement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">