• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

paternity issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

spieslikeus

What is the name of your state?TX
My husband and his ex share custody of three boys. It has been brought to our attention that the middle son is probably not biologically his. :eek: His mother made the comment that she believes he is the son of a lover she had during their marriage. :mad: This doesn't change anything with my husband. The boy is 13 years old and has always known my husband as his father. This question is coming from me....if a paternity test were done and proved that my husband was not the father, would he continue to be ordered to pay support because his name is on his birth certificate? If for some reason, he didn't have to pay current support, would he be entitled to reimbursement of anything he has paid in the last 5 years? Once again, my husband will not have the paternity test done, he refuses to do so. This is my own morbid curiosity.

BelizeBreeze

Once again, my husband will not have the paternity test done, he refuses to do so.
Until such time as your husband has an issue with this it's none of your business. And, for that reason, you can pay an attorney for a face-to-face answer.

spieslikeus

None of my business, eh? Well, then I guess when my stepkids are here and they need love and attention, that is none of my business either? When I work 2 jobs to insure that they will not do without because their mother refuses to work at all, also none of my business. Get a life. I love all three of these boys, nothing will change regarding a piece of information that may or may not be true. It is simple curiosity. Remove the stick from your ass. That is all.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
After 13 years, your husband IS his father (emotionally and legally). Due to the latter, it is most likely that he would continue to be required to support the child. I'd leave it alone.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">