• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

under prosecuted ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mckittri8

What is the name of your state?illinois. is there such a thing as a states attorney under prosecuting a defendant .last year my daughter was killed by a drunk driver. she was a pedestrian however she had been drinking as well. an officer of the state police said he was traveling at a high rate of speed . he was not charged with. there was no field sobriety at the scene or breathilizer even though he had booze rolling all over the floor of his car he had no insurance for which he was not charged with, no failure to reduce speed, there were no skid marks and the list goes on. do i have any recourse against the county ? he was eventually charged with misdermeanor dui which by the way was his 2nd in 5 years.

dequeendistress

There was no involunatary manslaughter charge?

Was this an officer who did this, or were you speaking of an officer in charge of working the case?

M

Mckittri8

it was an officer at the scene. no involuntary manslaughter.

M

Mckittri8

i did contact an attorney. since the kid did not have insurance he felt that was a dead end. i do have uninsured motorist coverage which i'm getting screwed on as well. also the judge ordered $11000.00 in restitution which doesn't come close to covering it. besides i''ll probably won't see it because at the time, the states attorney said restitution would come first and his fines later . that way i would be sure to get it. i contacted his office last week and for some reason they changed it and decided to take fines and costs. i haven't sighned anything yet but the insurance co. wants me to settle on $35000.00 which my attorney who has done little more than make a few call to the insurance co. , has a lein on whatever i recover.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">