• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Company Acquisition

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Dealyon

What is the name of your state?I live and work in West Virginia and recently my company was bought by a larger company in the same state. The previous company had a policy of tuition reimbursment for higher learning. I am currently in a Master's program and was counting on the reimbursment of the tuition from the Spring Semester to pay for the Summer semester. However, the company was purchased 2 days before the end of the previous semester. I was recently told that I would have to bite the bullet on the tuition because the new company has no education policy. I am wondering if I have any legal recourse on this matter or if I will in fact, have to bite the bullet. Any advice would be helpful.

Dealyon

JETX

"I am wondering if I have any legal recourse on this matter or if I will in fact, have to bite the bullet. Any advice would be helpful."
*** Simply, depending on a review of the full facts (exact terms of the policy), there is a good chance that you have a valid claim for reimbursement. However, you have to consider the value of that claim versus the strong chance of unemployment due to forcing the issue on your employer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">