• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can divorce be declared not legal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mae Lovell

I live in Arkansas:

My husband and I went to court on Dec. 3, 1985 I though we were divorced. He moved back in with me and we lived togather for several month.. and seperated. when I went to try to get child support I found out that my husbands attroney had not had the Judge to sign or file the divorce decree.
this was eight months after we had went to court...then the lawyer just took the decree and had the judge to sign it.. Is this legal? I am asking because my husband had always said we were not divorced, I have never remarried and when he died two years ago he was not married to anyone else. I am soon to retire and if I can have the divorce void or set aside, I can draw widows pension from him. I also paid for his furneal
We lived togather off and on up to the time of his death. :confused:

Last edited:

C

cibyr

why do you go ahead with divorce if he die???? Ask your attorney for best answers why file for divorce when you can draw on his pension especially if you still haveminor children??????

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">