• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Old Gas Pipeline

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

poland_jack

What is the name of your state? Texas

Help Please!

I have a contract on a tract of land (143 acres) which has an old abandoned pipeline from the oil boom days (1980 easement recorded) which the owner (seller) says is out of service. The easement shows on my title committment, however. There is a non-use and abandonment clause which could be invoked, however, I cannot find an owner. The easement was granted to Tipperary Gathering Ltd., out of Midland TX, and I cannot find them in existence. And, the sign on the fence notifying of the pipeline is by "Davis Pipeline" and they do not seem to exist either. How can I receive a notification of abandonment if I cannot contact an owner?

I've been told that 2 disinterested parties can state abandonment, and I can do some legal wrangling to remove the easement, but I'd prefer to contact an owner of the easement, have them confirm it is abandoned, and then dig it up, at least in places.

Thanks.

HomeGuru

poland_jack said:
What is the name of your state? Texas

Help Please!

I have a contract on a tract of land (143 acres) which has an old abandoned pipeline from the oil boom days (1980 easement recorded) which the owner (seller) says is out of service. The easement shows on my title committment, however. There is a non-use and abandonment clause which could be invoked, however, I cannot find an owner. The easement was granted to Tipperary Gathering Ltd., out of Midland TX, and I cannot find them in existence. And, the sign on the fence notifying of the pipeline is by "Davis Pipeline" and they do not seem to exist either. How can I receive a notification of abandonment if I cannot contact an owner?

I've been told that 2 disinterested parties can state abandonment, and I can do some legal wrangling to remove the easement, but I'd prefer to contact an owner of the easement, have them confirm it is abandoned, and then dig it up, at least in places.

Thanks.
**A: thanks for your post. We have no idea where the owner is either.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">