• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

neighbor harassing elderly parents and myself

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bostonres

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? - Massachusetts

I am in late 30s and live in a condo with my elderly parents acting as a caretaker with my mom for my terminally ill dad. We have a neighbor that constantly harasses all of us, verbally assaulting my mom in her 70s and my dad in his 80s.

He has stalked, threatened and harassed me for close to 4 years, damaged our family vehicle by denting it and constantly flattening the tires by sticking pins, needles, nails, staples, etc in them...

I have video evidence of him tampering with tires in 2003, as well as photos showing what was stuck in the tires, dated invoices for replacements, along with extensive documentation showing a pattern of harassment for over 3 years.

He has tampered with our tires to such a degree that he is endangering our lifes by causing the car to be continuously unsafe... each time he harasses one of us, flat tires follow within the next few weeks- this has been going on for several years and all the dates of tire repairs/purchases coincide with the episodes of his deliberate harassment.

Police and the condo assn. have been called many times without great results and there have been assault/battery charges filed against him after he hit me during an argument - for which he countered and filed assault/battery, as well as malicious destruction of property charges against me. Without going into details, he is lying about his property damages and cannot have any proof unless it is fabricated...

There was a hearing for the assault, we did nto get to speak much about the whole situation, as the clerk continued it with hopes that it will just end, but we don't see that happenning. We asked him what it would take for him to stop and the reply was that "we better learn to live with it, cause he's never going to stop"..

Even after the hearing, this person continues to harass us, and to do damage our vehicle.

This has caused considerable grief for all members of my family, and has caused me to become very displaced and depressed.. to the degree that I am considering seeking medical attn. We are totally fed up and sickened by the way of life he has created, and we are also somewhat afraid of this person.

We are thinking fo filing additional charges like criminal harassment, reckless endangerment, criminal mischief, multiple verbal assaults, threats to do bodily harm, and more against him like we should have long ago. We would like to do this without the expense of a lawyer.

The car is registered to my father, with me being the principal driver. Is his harassment, swearing at and giving the "finger" to my parents, calling them "greasballs", as well as reckless endangerment considered crimes against the elderly?

Moving is not an option and this person is so devious and relentless and like he said, he is never going to stop.

any help or advice is appreciated

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

And, what do you think a bunch of people on the Internet can do that will make your neighbor calm down and act decent?

Shall we send Guido out to visit him with his Louisville "Slugger" baseball bat?

IAAL

stephenk

"We are thinking fo filing additional charges like criminal harassment, reckless endangerment, criminal mischief, multiple verbal assaults, threats to do bodily harm, and more against him like we should have long ago. We would like to do this without the expense of a lawyer."

Sure, go the cheap way. Nothing like saving money when a nutcase is out to hurt you.

CdwJava

You need to report each criminal act as they happen. Waiting until you have a pile of them only means a bigger pile that the police will roll their eyes at and tell you its too late to deal with.

When the threats are made - report it. When property is damaged - report it. Etc ....

And a restraining order may be an option as well.

And if you need an attorney to help you through this mess, then so be it. You do things yourself when they need an attorney, then you set yourself up for failure.

Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">