• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arrested for some I did'nt do!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Alicia_Farmers

Arrested for something I did'nt do!

What is the name of your state? New York

Our neighbors are from hell. They've been harrassing me and my family from day one. They key our cars and everything else that they can come up with. They call the cops for evey little thing like they have so much free time on their hands.

Just a couple of weeks back, my neighbor was arguing with me over a parking spot. After he realized I was'nt moving, he pushed me causing me to fall to the ground. Bruised my arm and butt. I filed a report and was told that he would be arrested. A week goes by and no arrest. The detective tells me they are working on a homicide case and will arrest him as soon as they get the chance. I actually felt bad for the guy that pushed me will have to spend a day in jail. His cousin called me and told me that he was sorry and did'nt mean to hurt me. That apology was enough for to forgive him for the push and I did not pursue the case any further.

So tonight a couple of undercover cops come to me and tell me I hurt or hit his wife or daughter, which is not true. They book me and I had to spend the night behind bars, which was the worst experience of my life. How could people lie like that? How can that be happening to me? It's a nightmare! :(

All of this happened within 3 weeks of him pushing me to the gorund. This guy is making up a fake story to retaliate for me filing a report against him or maybe he just enjoys seeing people suffer.

Any advice or tips would be very helpful in this situation? What do I have to do or where do I have to go to prove my innocence? :(

Thanks for any help you could offer!

Alicia-

Last edited:

snostar

Hire an attorney. Just because you have been arrested does not mean you will be convicted. And, stop accepting apologies from his cousin.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">