• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reserved handicapped parking spot

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

samoran

What is the name of your state? TX.

I am a disabled vet and appropriately display my placard while parking at work. I was told to move my vehicle because that particular spot was reserved for an employee who comes in later than I do.

Must I give up my rights to the spot?

HomeGuru

samoran said:
What is the name of your state? TX.

I am a disabled vet and appropriately display my placard while parking at work. I was told to move my vehicle because that particular spot was reserved for an employee who comes in later than I do.

Must I give up my rights to the spot?

**A: is this parking spot private employee parking or public for the handicapped?

S

samoran

I do not understand the question entirely, hopefully this will answer it. The spot is within a large private lot (which I have access to). There are areas marked for reserved, others marked for disabled drivers, none for both. This spot has no marked restrictions or reservations other than for disabled drivers, it just happens to be the closest to the building.

CdwJava

If the lot is solely under the control of the property owner (your employer) and is not generally accessable to the general public, my guess is that you will be required to give up the spot.

However, to be sure, you may wish to discuss the matter with a TX attorney that specializes in disability law ... IF it's worth paying a consulting fee for.

Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">