• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Phone company not doing their job.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cjyankee

Texas. Contacted phone company to have my three "residential" phone lines converted to "business lines" as needed to have an unlimited long distance carrier for doing medical transcription out of my home and they only converted one of the three. It took the phone company approximately 5 weeks to get the other two phone lines converted to "business" and so the long distance carrier could get the information to establish my business account for unlimited long distance. During that time I was working and paying $0.04/min/line. The alternative was to lose my job. My long distance charges for that time period is approximately $1,250.00. Had they changed over all three lines at the same time, as I had instructed the person I was talking to at the phone company, (gave her all three numbers, etc), I would not have incurred this phone bill.

What are the responsibilities of phone companies to make sure their employees perform their duties and services to completeness, and what are my right as a customer if they do not?

I am tired of paying for phone company representative's mistakes.

Last edited:
C

cjyankee

Phone company not doing their job

Thanks JETX. I had no idea who to contact about this, as I have never had a problem like this before. Will do as you suggested and go from there. I just want some answers so I don't feel like I have been shafted again.

Have a good one.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">