• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

benefits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

simore6

What is the name of your state?undefinedWhat is the name of your state?Louisiana; i have been employed for over 4yrs and 6mos on my job. i have short/long term insurance and health insurance. I know i can take my short term ins. with me, but i need to know how is my long term effected if i have paid a portion of the cost. what happens to it?-- long term ins. if decide to leave. and also what is meant by cobra coverage 102% of individual current premium cost.

Beth3

So you want to know if you leave our job, whether you can take your long-term disability with you? That depends entirely on whether the LTD plan your employer offers has a "conversion" option; that is, whether you can convert it to a private policy. Only your employer or the insurance carrier can answer that question. That info would also be in the LTD policy booklet.
(Life and STD/LTD benefits are not included in COBRA continuation.)

As to COBRA and your medical coverage, the employer is allowed to charge 102% of the actual premium. You will pay the full monthly premium plus a 2% administrative fee if you elect to continue your coverage. Let's say the full monthly premium is $500. The cost to continue it will be $510.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">