• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

do i have a case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

melinda1971

My son was openly mistreated by our local dixie youth program. When i tried to discuss this with them, they refused to talk with me. I have a copy of the rules that were broken and all the facts. My son had the highest batting average in his age group and plays 5 different positions defensively. He was overlooked for allstars which according to the rule book, they are suppose to pick the best. He was told that the players wasn't chosen by ability and these things happen. My son was devastated. We live in Louisiana.

Last edited:

M

melinda1971

To take them to small claims court. If u want to look at what i have just let me know and i will send it to you. I just want them to abid by the rules and not go by who you are or know?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

melinda1971 said:
To take them to small claims court. If u want to look at what i have just let me know and i will send it to you. I just want them to abid by the rules and not go by who you are or know?

My response:

No. Small Claims court does not have jurisdiction to "make" people do anything. Small Claims court is about damages and the payment of money for those damages, only. Besides, Small Claims does not have jurisdiction over league "rules". League rules have nothing to do with "law", State or otherwise. If you need "league justice", then you take it to the league board, or whatever governing body there is - - which should be stated in your League Rules Book.

IAAL

You Are Guilty

Aw, IAAL, you're usually spot on, but I think you missed the boat here. Have you forgotten about the Louisiana Exception?

Under it, the OP has another option since it sounds like she'd definately qualify under the "four or more positions defensively" provision. Therefore, she can send all her supporting paperwork with a cover letter explaining her complaint to:

Honorable Alan H. "Bud" Selig
Commissioner of Baseball
777 E. Wisconsin Avenue
Suite 2010
Milwaukee, WI 53202

Of course, should he fail to side with the OP, she can appeal the decision by sending copies of the materials she sent to Commissioner Selig with a new letter explaining her plight to:

Mr. G.W. Bush
High Poobah of Baseball
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500

I am sure it was merely an oversight on your part :D

M

melinda1971

undefined b I hope that this is ok. I really want to thank you for the advice. It has been a hard thing to accomplish when the local league president is wealthy. I thought there was something i could do. and i did my reasearch very well. i have the rules for all baseball. but again thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">