• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is This Malpractice?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Andrea04

What is the name of your state? Mi

I had been feeling ill off and on for the last two years, I was sent for test after test, I'm sure I've had all the blood tests done. Anyway my question is this, This doctor finally tells me that I have fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome, My mother was a witness to this.

I went back a couple weeks later and he said that he didn't think he wanted to diagnose me with Fibromyalgia because it wasn't a real disease, and most doctors don't even recognize it as being one. I've seen a doctor who recently diagnosed me with Fibromyaliga and chronic fatigue syndrome.

Do I have a case or should I just let it go and write a letter to the American Medical Association.

A

Andrea04

HomeGuru said:
You don't have a case.

Even though he clearly states that I had something, and then changes his mind. and then I went to another doctor who diagnosed me with the same thing this other doctor says I didn't have.

What kind of justice system is this anyway. People are given a diagnoses then having it taken away from them to suffer in more pain. who by the way refused to give me any medication for pain and suffering. It was documented in three different hospital emergencies that I was in pain. that was related to fibromyalgia. I missed work because of this jerk. And your telling me he did nothing wrong. Sorry but I don't think you guys should be giving people advice, and its not because its not what I want to hear its because you obviously don't have a clue. I'm sending this link to a couple of judges I know because they say it sounds like bogus advice to them. I don't know why I'm getting so upset when i have perfectly sound legal advice coming from real law personnel. who I know, know what they are talking about.

A

Andrea04

ellencee said:
Andrea04

Neither; the MD did nothing inappropriate or negligent.

EC
Sorry but that answer isn't clear enough for me if you can't tell me why then I'm not going to listen to your advice.

ellencee

Oh, Boo Hoo. Don't tell on HG and me to a couple of Judges. Whatever will we do with the rest of our lives?

I could provide you with a site that will verify our answers, but I choose not to do so.

EC

A

Andrea04

ellencee said:
Oh, Boo Hoo. Don't tell on HG and me to a couple of Judges. Whatever will we do with the rest of our lives?

I could provide you with a site that will verify our answers, but I choose not to do so.

EC

It amazes me that you have the time to even post on a message board since you must be so busy with clients just filing in your office.

kat30s

I am so sick of this

Okay that's it - I have to comment. I have wanted to say something for the longest time, but haven't found the right moment - well here goes.......

I have been a member of this forum for a few years and I get so sick and tired of all these people coming on here looking for free advice, and then insulting the people who give it to them, because it's not what they want to hear. Believe me I have asked for advice and gotten answers I didn't like, but they are real answers and accurate. Seems to me that some of these posters are looking to make a quick buck, and are willing to go to any length to get it! ellencee, IAAL, HomeGuru, JETX, cbg, Beth, and all the other regular posters are here giving their valuable time to this FREE service, and they get abused regularly. Listen if you come here and ask a question, be prepared to get and answer you may not like! Otherwise, go to the library and look it up for yourself. Quit being so childish and frankly; STUPID! Too bad if the tone of the answers isn't sweet and full of warm fuzzies. They are, again, real and accurate answers. No-one is here to coddle you and make you feel better. They are here for your benefit, and for FREE!!!!!!!!! Get over it people! It's no wonder some of our regular posters get annoyed - just check out some of the advice asked for on these boards - look under the Drug arrests and DUI forums and you will see some of the stupidity they deal with. Andrea04, you keep insulting this board, yet you keep coming back for more! If you feel you are being treated so poorly, why keep coming back? You MUST be a glutton for punishment. Or you just love to stir up trouble. Either way - you got the answers to the questions you asked, so leave it at that. Besides, all this emotional turmoil you are creating for yourself is very bad for your Fibromyalgia.

I will now get down off my soap box, and go have lunch. Have a nice day!

Supmom810

I get so sick and tired of all these people coming on here looking for free advice, and then insulting the people who give it to them, because it's not what they want to hear.
Kat30s,
I can understand your frustruations, but you have to understand that the people who come hear seeking advice are here because they have a problem, or real concerns(to them) and most likely don't understand the legal aspect of their concerns. We/they are looking for answers and although the advice given is sometimes valid, it is also sometimes rude, and given in ways as to make a person feel stupid with unnecessary comments like:
When he gets there, how about using your picture phone (even if you have to borrow one) and give me a call?
or
No. You can not make the surgeon operate again and endanger your son's life with a procedure too invasive to anticipate a healthy heart just so that your son's chest's appearance is more pleasing to your eye and the heart of your soul.
unnecessary
or
I'd really like to take this opportunity and tell you what I think of you. Unfortunately, I will have to refrain. Be assured, I don't have a nice or kind thought or word about you or your stupid wish-it-were-a-problem problem
again unnecessary
or
My gut instinct tells me this is a young employee, not particularly happy with her job, and prone to constant complaining about various issues--and, possibly this poster is in a marriage or relationship where her partner is either abusive or addicted, or both, or this employee is simply way too immature to be in a professional role (RN).
and definately unnecessary.

Of course people are going to get on the defensive with replys such as above. Just because they have offered to give their advice does not give them the right to verbally attack, insult or even make fun of the poster because the responder thinks they live in a perfect world. I find it hard to believe that some of these responses would be given to someone face to face in an office on a professional level, so why should it be accepted here?!
They can post their responses without the little comments or insults that some of them do. :rolleyes:

ellencee

Supmom810
If you don't like my contributions, don't read them. If you don't like this site, don't come back. Get your legal advice from an attorney--put out some effort and dial the phone, get an appointment, and take your sassy attitude into a lawyer's office...LOL... no wonder IAAL has had security guards remove would-be clients from his office! Initially, I found that offensive; now, I'm sending him a big high-five!

EC

Supmom810

Ellencee,
What's the matter, you can't take what you dish out???? :p
Get your legal advice from an attorney--put out some effort and dial the phone, get an appointment,
Been there, done that, and just to show you how much you DO NOT KNOW, only took me one consultation for them to see that what that surgeon did to my son was wrong. I'm not looking for money, so don't even go there, only want my son to get the best possible care to fix this mess he is in.

Have a nice day ;)

kat30s

Again - the advice here is FREE....period. If you don't like the tone, don't come back asking for it! Who really cares if someone is rude with their answers - at least you got one. It's FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE!!!!!
Get it? A lawyer in an office gets PAID to be nice to you! These people are here for FREE!!! Get off it.

gryndor

Service

I like this one...

"No Shoes, No Shirt: No Service"

Perhaps... no intelligence, no common-sense: no service

:D

lkc15507

Damn, me again. I simply will espouse one of my consistent themes--knowledge / education. Perhaps if the responders on the board would explain and educate others regarding the answers they have posted, much of the nastiness would go away. Without explanation, the answers themselves are left in question. For example: tell me 'no', I ask why. Therefore, "I said so." "I am who I am, therefore don't question", really stink as answers. Unless one is God, "I am that I am", is not a suitable answer. Explain, without malice, and I bet the hateful replies go away. But then, the hateful answers are the attraction of the boards are they not?

Supmom810

The FreeAdvice Forums are intended to enable consumers to benefit from the experience of other consumers who have faced similar legal issues. You understand and agree that information on FreeAdvice or a Forum, even posted by an attorney or moderator, should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for advice from an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction who you have retained to represent you. To locate an attorney visit https://attorneypages.com/

You agree that FreeAdvice is NOT responsible for and does NOT vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any posting or information or the status or legitimacy of any person (even one purporting to be an attorney or moderator) making a post.

Just because it is FREE, does NOT give one the right to insult, make fun of, or be down right rude. Have you ever heard of common courtesy??
I enjoy viewing this forum and will continue to do so, but I also have the right to post my opinions. Afterall this is a FREE advice forum, is it not??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">