• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can i get my money back?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

vatrushka

nevada

i needed an immigration lawer, and the one i went to wasn't the one. howewer, he didn't tell me nothing about it and asked for 2500 $ to submit all the paperwork. for 5 months i couln't reach him, he didn't file ANY papers and when my husband and me were fed up, he just told us he doesn't do the immigration and gave us the name of his "partner", who does.
all this was going for very long time. now i'm pregnant and we desided to wait with the paperwork and do it ourselves.

CAN I GET MY MONEY BACK?

the paperwork still wasn't filed, nothing was done. and the agreement for the "earned non-refundable fee" on my name. was by mistake sighned by my husband.

Last edited:

You Are Guilty

Since you are new to our country, I have taken the liberty of doing the preliminary research for you:

non-refundable: Pronunciation: -ri-'f&n-d&-b&l
Function: adjective
: not subject to refunding or being refunded (a nonrefundable bond) (a nonrefundable fee)

Although I have many years experience at this type of research and trust my accuracy, feel free to confirm my results yourself:
http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=nonrefundable&x=0&y=0

So, rather than looking at this as flushing $2500 down the toilet of life and feeling bad about it, consider it merely $2500 for tuition at the School of Hard Knocks, where you look like strong canditate for validictorian! Always look at the positive. That's my motto. Good luck.

W

willingtocope

Contact the local bar assocation...

Geez, another idiot that thinks poking fun at people is helpful...

vatrushka...contact the local bar association in your area and explain the situation to them. They may or may not be able to get your money back, but your complaint may prevent this lawyer from taking money from other people.

HomeGuru

vatrushka said:
nevada

i needed an immigration lawer, and the one i went to wasn't the one. howewer, he didn't tell me nothing about it and asked for 2500 $ to submit all the paperwork. for 5 months i couln't reach him, he didn't file ANY papers and when my husband and me were fed up, he just told us he doesn't do the immigration and gave us the name of his "partner", who does.
all this was going for very long time. now i'm pregnant and we desided to wait with the paperwork and do it ourselves.

CAN I GET MY MONEY BACK?

the paperwork still wasn't filed, nothing was done. and the agreement for the "earned non-refundable fee" on my name. was by mistake sighned by my husband.
**A: you should get your money back if this attorney did nothing even if your husband signed a contract agreeing to a non-refundable fee.

V

vatrushka

You Are Guilty said:
Since you are new to our country, I have taken the liberty of doing the preliminary research for you:

non-refundable: Pronunciation: -ri-'f&n-d&-b&l
Function: adjective
: not subject to refunding or being refunded (a nonrefundable bond) (a nonrefundable fee)

i know what NON-REFUNDABLE means, thank you very much

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">