• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Advice for a ticket with a suspended license.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dosvi

I live in Florida and around December I recieved a ticket in Lousiana for 92 in a 70. Forgetting the ticket (I was on vacation) I got a notice saying that I had to pay the ticket and my license was suspended. After paying the ticket, I incorrectly assumed that my license was no longer suspended. The other day I got a ticket for going 41 in a 30 along with a ticket for driving with a suspended license. The problem is is that I deliver pizza and make really good money doing so, and I am afraid that if I plead guilty to the charge that I will have my license suspended further making it impossible for me to retain my job. Does anyone have any advice on what the penalties are for a first time offender for driving with a suspended license? It would really help get some unwanted worry off my shoulders ... thanks.

D

dosvi

I believe I was quite honest in my appraisal of my own situation. I was on my way to a week long vacation, and I put the ticket in my glove box forgetting about it. I did get the notice from Lousiana, and I did pay the ticket. My ignorance was obvious in automatically thinking that my license would not be suspended because Louisiana would tell Florida that I had payed my ticket, so your story although may be true for many people here is incorrect. I do thank you for telling me what you believe will be my sentence. Do you have any clue on how long the suspension/fine may be? I know not many people are here from Florida, but a good estimate would be quite helpful so that I can gather the proper funds to pay my fine.

D

dosvi

Well, unfortunately for me, I live in a very conservative area in Florida, and my driving record is far from perfect. I believe I have four speeding tickets and a few verbal warnings. How much and why should I being a lot of cash? I'm not trying to say I won't, I just want to know why. Are they going to put me in jail? Or is it just to pay the fine immeadiately to lower the penalties? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

D

dosvi

I just called the Clerk of Court, and the lady told me that if I plead no contest, pay my fine for speeding, and reactivate my license, all I will have to do is pay 136 dollars and thats it. Now I know this will be a kick to my insurance costs, but this deal sounds too good to be true. Anyone heard of this deal before? I was worried about having to pay up too 500 dollars and have my licenses suspended for a further amount of time, so if anyone can give me a some advice on if this is true or has happened before it would be extremely beneficial.

JETX

Well, since you decided to butt into another persons post and make derogatory comments about the senior members on this forum, I have just one thing to say to you..... Dosvi-donia. ;)
And I have deleted my attempts to assist you from this thread.

gsweetsue

i too live in florida. just went to court. mine was my 3rd and i got 20 days house arrest and a $150 fine plus court costs. this will NOT happen to you. all day long the judge dealt with people in your situation. result: you plead no contest, dont need an attorney, the judge will withhold adjudication of guilt, give you approximately a $150 fine plus and court costs, which are minimal. the judge likes it if you have reinstated your license and can show that when you go to court. dont you worry, no jail. and your license wont be affected unless of course you have accumulated so many points in a period of time, and i doubt that. good luck. sue

K

kaizr

Virginia

I'm in a similar situation, still waiting for a response on this site...I think my post was too long.

It sure does suck to be in this though. Most people get suspended for a DUI or something like that but mine was just unpaid out of state ticket, never received notice.

I can live with an other fine I guess, i ahve already spent over 500 and it would be nice for it to not get re-suspended.

VA isn't the most lenient state though.

D

dosvi

thanks for all the input ... really appreciate it. sorry if i offended you jetx, i just felt bad for her in her situation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">