• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mechanic abandoned car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? GA

What is the name of your state? GA

Car broke down, the engine died while heading home. Managed to push it to a nearby Publix. Called my mechanic & he agreed to work on the car. He towed it to his shop. Since there were no funds to pay right away to get the car fixed we agreed he repairs the car and sells it and take his charges and give me the balance. A while later the owner of his lot asked them to move so he called his customers. We talked and agreed that he tows the car to his new location or house (where he works on cars too, privately) and then proceeds to sell the car and recover charges as planned. A couple of months later I contact mechanic he says he does not know where car is. He gives me contact for lot owner. Contact the guy and he says the car was towed as an abandoned car and taken to a junk yard where it is in little pieces. NO CAR! ! !

I get back in touch with the mechanic and now we are at the point of she say, he say. Who has a right to what in this situation?

JETX

"Who has a right to what in this situation?"
*** What do you mean??? Simply, it is exactly as you state.... he says you left it, you say he left it. Clearly, an impasse.... with neither party having inherent 'rights'.

If you want to try to resolve this, you can certainly file a lawsuit against him. However, in my opinion (and it would require a FULL review of both sides), I think you have a problem. In my opinion, you as the OWNER of the car have a higher responsibility of 'care' than the mechanic.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">