• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Expired Registration

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

imadumbazz

What is the name of your state? PA

I was pulled over for having an expired registration sticker. I got to work and went on-line and recieved a temporary valid registration until my sticker came in the mail. The time between the issuance of the ticket and my on-line renewal was 2 hours. Two questions: 1. Do I have 24 hours to obtain valid registration? 2. The officer wrote "Acura" in Make of Vehicle when I drive a "Toyota". Will that have any effect of being dismissed?

You Are Guilty

imadumbazz said:
What is the name of your state? PA

I was pulled over for having an expired registration sticker. I got to work and went on-line and recieved a temporary valid registration until my sticker came in the mail. The time between the issuance of the ticket and my on-line renewal was 2 hours. Two questions: 1. Do I have 24 hours to obtain valid registration? 2. The officer wrote "Acura" in Make of Vehicle when I drive a "Toyota". Will that have any effect of being dismissed?
No + no. On the bright side, perhaps the cop was psychic, and you'll soon own an Acura. Nice!

dequeendistress

You have the right to remain silent....

Actually you had more than 24 hours, you had at least 30 days within the month that the registration expired to obtain your new registration. What happens after the fact does not VOID the ticket. Although, you may receive just court costs as your fine, when you provide proof of current registration in court.

By the way 30 days is equal to 720 hours,or 43, 200 minutes, or 2,592,000 seconds. Unless the month in which your registration expired had 31 days, or if it was February which calculates to 28 days, except for leap years or 29 days in that case.

HomeGuru

mbazz]What is the name of your state? PA

2. The officer wrote "Acura" in Make of Vehicle when I drive a "Toyota". Will that have any effect of being dismissed?

**A: of course not since the Pro-American judge does not support foreign Japan made vehicles.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">