• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

USC parking ticket! help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bbmatt

california

i was issued a private parking ticket for parking in a reserved space at USC's campus. it was my first day on campus at orrienation and i was ticketed for parking in a wrong spot. i was wondering if there was any way i could fight the citation or at least reduce the fee. it is currently 50 dollars.

ps. the officer also marked the color of my car incorrectly, it is beige, but he marked it as white

JETX

bbmatt said:
i was wondering if there was any way i could fight the citation or at least reduce the fee. it is currently 50 dollars.
*** Of course you can fight it. But it won't do any good as you were clearly in the wrong in parking there.... first day or not.

ps. the officer also marked the color of my car incorrectly, it is beige, but he marked it as white
*** How does the court know that you didn't go out and immediately repaint the car to try to avoid this $50 ticket??? :cool:
Seriously, that is NOT a 'dismissable error'.

CdwJava

The color will make no difference. If you do not pay the fine, they will likely put a lien on your car - plus penalties. So, when you go to pay your registration, you will have to pay the $50 PLUS penalties and assessments.

Pay the fine and be careful where you park.

Carl

B

bbmatt

BelizeBreeze said:
Transfer to UCLA
UCLA wont give me money

thanks everyone! just checking if there was any other loophole that i didnt know about

G

GreggNY

CALIFORNIA CODES
VEHICLE CODE
SECTION 40200-40230

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/waisgate?WAISdocID=61304010975+0+0+0&WAISaction=retrieve

(b) If the description of the vehicle on the notice of parking
violation does not substantially match the corresponding information
on the registration card for that vehicle and the processing agency
is satisfied that the vehicle has not been incorrectly described due
to the intentional switching of license plates, the processing agency
shall, on written request of the person cancel the notice of parking
violation without the necessity of an appearance by that person.
(c) For purposes of this section, a copy of the notice of parking
violation may be a photostatic copy or an electronically produced
facsimile.

CdwJava

This section does nothing to effect the situation. It requires that the information not "substantially" match the vehicle ... and the difference between beige and white is NOT substantial. Now, if it were a white car and the color of the vehicle was listed as red, then maybe.

Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">