• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding In Atlanta, Ga Area

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

GPITT

What is the name of your state? GEORGIA

Was returning to work form lunch break. Still had about 20 minutes left on break and was about 1-2 miles from work when stopped for speeding. I am 71/2 months pregnant and had become ill suddenly when driving back to work. Traffic was light and there was not a good place to stop at the time, so I had decided to speed up a little and try to beat the urge to throw up behind the wheel of the car. A few seconds later, I was greeted by a police officer standing in my lane of traffic, signaling for me to pull over. I informed the officer immediately of my need to get to a restroom, but wasn't in the condition to spill out all the details. I was however, visibly pregnant and ill. He gave me no consideration, except a promise for a speedy ticket. After being given the ticket, I drove off in a hurry, and managed to turn onto the street that I work on just before throwing up in my car. Was stopped for 62 in 45. what should I do? concerned about the fine, as well and the raise in insurance rates, paritcularly since I will be out of work on unpaid maternity leave soon. Help!!

BelizeBreeze

I am 71/2 months pregnant and had become ill suddenly when driving back to work. Traffic was light and there was not a good place to stop at the time, so I had decided to speed up a little and try to beat the urge to throw up behind the wheel of the car.
And, of course, being so pregnant has affected your brain. Otherwise, with imminent 'up-chuck' looming, most normal people would have stopped alongside the road, opened the door, moved to the opposite side of the car and let loose.

Oh well, that's going to be one expensive lesson.

G

GPITT

Excuse Me. I Had No Proper Place To Pull Over. I Wanted Legal Advice, Not A Smart-butt Comment. Anyone Have Any

Gina

G

GPITT

i DID THE ONLY THING I COULD THINK TO DO AT THE TIME, DRIVING IN THE LEFT LANE AND NO PLACE ON THE LEFT TO GET OVER. I WAS IN PAIN AND NOT THINKING CLEARLY AT THE TIME. ARE YOU A LAWYER, A COP WITH AN ATTITUDE, OR JUST AN UNSYMPATHETIC MALE WHO HAS NO IDEA WHAT IT IS LIKE TO FEEL SICK ALL THE TIME, TRYING TO CONTINUE YOUR NORMAL LIFE.
I JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF I SHOULD PLEAD "NO-LO" AND TRY TO PREVENT THE CHARGE FROM GOING ON MY DRIVING RECORD, OR IF I WAS JUST WASTING MY TIME. THIS SITE IS SUPPOSED TO BE FREE LEGAL ADVICE, I THOUGHT, NOT DESIGNED TO ATTACK THOSE WITH LEGAL QUESTIONS.

WOULD LIKE SOME "LEGAL" ADVICE. I HAVE BEEN TOLD TO NEVER JUST PAY A TICKET, BECAUSE THERE IS ALWAYS A CHANCE OF REDUCING CHARGES OR FINE, MAYBE EVEN A CHANCE TO KEEP IT OFF DRIVING RECORD. I AM NOT EXPERIENCED IN THESE MATTER, BECAUSE I HAVE NOT GOTTEN A TICKET IN QUITE SOME TIME. I AM USUALLY THE ONE WHO EVERYONE SPEEDS BY, WHO WONDERS WHY THEY ARE NOT BEING STOPPED. THAT'S WHY I WAS SEEKING ADVICE. THIS IS JUST MAKING A BAD MATTER WORSE

GINA

HomeGuru

GPITT said:
i DID THE ONLY THING I COULD THINK TO DO AT THE TIME, DRIVING IN THE LEFT LANE AND NO PLACE ON THE LEFT TO GET OVER. I WAS IN PAIN AND NOT THINKING CLEARLY AT THE TIME. ARE YOU A LAWYER, A COP WITH AN ATTITUDE, OR JUST AN UNSYMPATHETIC MALE WHO HAS NO IDEA WHAT IT IS LIKE TO FEEL SICK ALL THE TIME, TRYING TO CONTINUE YOUR NORMAL LIFE.
I JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF I SHOULD PLEAD "NO-LO" AND TRY TO PREVENT THE CHARGE FROM GOING ON MY DRIVING RECORD, OR IF I WAS JUST WASTING MY TIME. THIS SITE IS SUPPOSED TO BE FREE LEGAL ADVICE, I THOUGHT, NOT DESIGNED TO ATTACK THOSE WITH LEGAL QUESTIONS.

WOULD LIKE SOME "LEGAL" ADVICE. I HAVE BEEN TOLD TO NEVER JUST PAY A TICKET, BECAUSE THERE IS ALWAYS A CHANCE OF REDUCING CHARGES OR FINE, MAYBE EVEN A CHANCE TO KEEP IT OFF DRIVING RECORD. I AM NOT EXPERIENCED IN THESE MATTER, BECAUSE I HAVE NOT GOTTEN A TICKET IN QUITE SOME TIME. I AM USUALLY THE ONE WHO EVERYONE SPEEDS BY, WHO WONDERS WHY THEY ARE NOT BEING STOPPED. THAT'S WHY I WAS SEEKING ADVICE. THIS IS JUST MAKING A BAD MATTER WORSE

GINA
**A: please follow posting instructions above.

D

dosvi

Don't let these people get to you, of course the people that are making fun of you are males that have no clue what its like to be in your situation. My mother just had a baby girl, and since I was the only male in her life, I got to take her to the doctor and help her out when she was sick. All the advice I can give you is to continue to post small comments on your topic until someone comes on to give you good advice. All messageboards have people on them who are just there to give people hell. I also like the guy who said "Well most people would pull over and puke on the side." Inconsiderate people who don't understand that everyone follows one stereotype. Just continue to wait and eventually you will find someone with a bit of good advice.

HomeGuru

dosvi said:
Don't let these people get to you, of course the people that are making fun of you are males that have no clue what its like to be in your situation. My mother just had a baby girl, and since I was the only male in her life, I got to take her to the doctor and help her out when she was sick. All the advice I can give you is to continue to post small comments on your topic until someone comes on to give you good advice. All messageboards have people on them who are just there to give people hell. I also like the guy who said "Well most people would pull over and puke on the side." Inconsiderate people who don't understand that everyone follows one stereotype. Just continue to wait and eventually you will find someone with a bit of good advice.
**A: exactly just what indivdual posters are you referring to in your statement of "these people"?

JETX

Gina, of course you can accept any legal advice from 'Dosvi'. But before you do, it is important that you know WHO or what is advising you.

The following is from HIS 'help me' post:
"I live in Florida and around December I recieved a ticket in Lousiana for 92 in a 70. Forgetting the ticket (I was on vacation) I got a notice saying that I had to pay the ticket and my license was suspended. After paying the ticket, I incorrectly assumed that my license was no longer suspended. The other day I got a ticket for going 41 in a 30 along with a ticket for driving with a suspended license. The problem is is that I deliver pizza and make really good money doing so, and I am afraid that if I plead guilty to the charge that I will have my license suspended further making it impossible for me to retain my job. Does anyone have any advice on what the penalties are for a first time offender for driving with a suspended license?"
Source: https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=185108

Does this really sound like someone who is qualified to offer you advice or someone that you really want to listen to???
Of course not. He is simply a 'helpless toad' with absolutely NO legal experience or knowledge. Yet, he somehow feels qualified to post to YOUR thread.

G

GPITT

He Was Not Giving Me Legal Advice, Just Encouragement After Having Been Knocked Around By Others Who Have Not Idea What The Circumstances Were, Who Did Not Care. Just Wanted Legal Advice, Not Bashing.
So, I May Not Have Made The Best Decision, Given The Circumstances. I Just Wanted Legal Advice, Given That It Happened That Way.

Gina

HomeGuru

GPITT said:
He Was Not Giving Me Legal Advice, Just Encouragement After Having Been Knocked Around By Others Who Have Not Idea What The Circumstances Were, Who Did Not Care. Just Wanted Legal Advice, Not Bashing.
So, I May Not Have Made The Best Decision, Given The Circumstances. I Just Wanted Legal Advice, Given That It Happened That Way.

Gina
**A: Gina, why does every word have to be in capitals? Is this some new wave Vulcanebonics language?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">