• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mail Theft cost me big time

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nvertrust any1

What is the name of your state? Arizona

Last xmas 3 credit card payments were stolen from my mailbox. I was not aware of this until January when I recieved a letter from the post office telling me that they had caught a women in possesion of my mail in the midst of a stolen mail sting operation. She was caught with 50 pieces of mail in addition to my 3. They sent me copies of the envelopes. Two envelopes were fine the other was ripped open and I couldn't tell if the check was in it or not. I notified my credit companies and stopped all activity on my bank account. Make a long story short the late fees and over limit fees kept growing as I sent all this proof and evidence about the incident to various companies. When she finally went to court, she was sentenced to a year in prison but only did 10 months. My question is can I sue her civily to recoop late fees and over limit fees? It sucks that she screwd up my credit which will take me 7 years to fix but she only got a year in jail. :eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">