• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbors sharing house

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sarakay54022

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

I am renting the upstairs part of a house with my boyfriend and then his friend and girlfriend are renting the downstairs half.

The question I have is, that we each get a stall in the double garage that is attached to the house.

My boyfriend's friend who rents downstairs decided to repaint his girlfriend's car in the gargage. The "whole" garage. I keep my car, moped and other stuff in the garage and felt that I shouldn't have to move all the stuff I owned out of the garage for them to do that, but I did and moved my car out. I covered my moped with sheets and garbage bags.

The next day they were taking off the tape on the "newly" painted car and I was taking my sheets and garbage bags off my moped and what did I discover???? My brand new moped was covered with blue paint and paint dust.

The only thing they said was, I can clean that off with some special liquid. And I told them no, you are not touching this I can try to clean it myself and his girlfriend says "well at least it will come off" in a snide tone.

I still can't get some of the blue off in some spots.

Can I do something about this? By the way, they didn't put plastic up anywhere in the garage, so there is blue tint everywhere.

Thanks!

HomeGuru

sarakay54022 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

I am renting the upstairs part of a house with my boyfriend and then his friend and girlfriend are renting the downstairs half.

The question I have is, that we each get a stall in the double garage that is attached to the house.

My boyfriend's friend who rents downstairs decided to repaint his girlfriend's car in the gargage. The "whole" garage. I keep my car, moped and other stuff in the garage and felt that I shouldn't have to move all the stuff I owned out of the garage for them to do that, but I did and moved my car out. I covered my moped with sheets and garbage bags.

The next day they were taking off the tape on the "newly" painted car and I was taking my sheets and garbage bags off my moped and what did I discover???? My brand new moped was covered with blue paint and paint dust.

The only thing they said was, I can clean that off with some special liquid. And I told them no, you are not touching this I can try to clean it myself and his girlfriend says "well at least it will come off" in a snide tone.

I still can't get some of the blue off in some spots.

Can I do something about this? By the way, they didn't put plastic up anywhere in the garage, so there is blue tint everywhere.

Thanks!
**A: you issue is not real estate related. And yes, you can do something about it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">