• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What happens if you miss 6 probation appointments

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Marlboro Man

I live in kankakee IL, and i missed 6 months of probation. I was wondering what might happen to me at court because i keep hearing different things. Some people say im headed to jail some say something called work release and some said since i'm doin good in college and not getting in trouble that they'll set me back on probation can someone plz help me.

O

okamsrazor

Probation for what? How can you be in college and not be able to be found by your PO? Obviously you did not do your Probation so you will likely get some jail time.

M

Marlboro Man

I am on probation for theft and residential burglary that i did two years ago when i was 15. I missed probation because college then i tried to call and rescedule i called 3 times everyday for aweek but my probation officer wasnt there. i left a message for her to call me but she never returned my call. For 6 months she never tried to get ahold of me. then 6 months later I get a lette to show up for court.

CdwJava

Marlboro Man said:
I am on probation for theft and residential burglary that i did two years ago when i was 15. I missed probation because college then i tried to call and rescedule i called 3 times everyday for aweek but my probation officer wasnt there. i left a message for her to call me but she never returned my call. For 6 months she never tried to get ahold of me. then 6 months later I get a lette to show up for court.
First, it is YOUR responsibility to maintain contact with your probation officer. It is not their job to try and track you down. And if after a week you did not get a hold of her, perhaps you should have asked for a supervisor. It could be that she was out in the field checking on her probationers ... or maybe on vacation. I know in my county each probation officer has over 100 probationers - each needing special attention from time to time. That does not leave them a lot of time to try and hunt you down.

You will likely do some time ... unless you are REAL lucky and the judge decides that the jails are too full and you are really a nice fellow.

Carl

HomeGuru

Marlboro Man said:
**A: you did not try hard enough.

C

CaliCat

Why didn't you ask for a supervisor or just go down there? If you live far away, sometimes a PO will give you these forms that you have to send in once a month for the duration of your probation.

Before anyone knocks that, I have a very close friend who is allowed to do that for living a couple hours from the office, so they are letting him send in the forms so he doesn't have to take a day off every month and risk losing his job.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">