• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child support/Custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

RebeccaA

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?TX
Does anyone know when a parent does not use their visitation for a number of years - it there a certain length of time of how long this can go on before they can loose their visitation??
Also - does anyone know in Texas if I go to have my child support modified (it has never been modified in 13 years) - can the other parent say - if you want more money - then I want more visitation..... and in my case my ex has not even used any visitation or seen or called our daugher in almost 4 years. BUT - 5 years ago when I tried to have the child support modified - he threatend me that he would try take her from me if I tried to get more money. And the guy has really never even been in her life. But these type threats scare me to death. He is a stranger to our daughter and I don't want to do anything to cause her any more pain. She is a very happy, well adjusted, special teenager and I don't want to do anything to hurt her. Her stepdad of 12 years has been there for her every day - SO she has someone she considers is her Dad. But - with being a teenager - things have gotten so expensive and I really need the money. THANKS

BL

Child support and visitations are separate issues.

If he was being legally denied visitations it might be a defense for non payment during them times.

His threats about going for custody are Just that. A court is not going to uproot a well established teens life .

R

RebeccaA

visitation/child support

TX

He definately has never been denied visitation at all. He knows our address and phone number - He just chooses to act like she doesn't exsist. He has re-married and had 2 more children. He has time and money for those children - but acts like he has NO TIME or MONEY for her. I can handle the fact that he doesn't come around - I have accepted that and have a great husband that has helped me raise my daughter - BUT I can not get over the fact that I need more money to help raise her.
YES- I would hope that a judge would understand that he only would want visitation just to scare me off of asking for more money.
thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">